B16A swap into Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Em1_Kid

H-town
I just had my B16A from H Motors Online installed into my Si replacing my B16A2. Still running obd2. I am running open header due to a clogged cat. Will fix soon. I have a new clutch so I haven't been shifting hard or taking it to redline. The CEL came on with the oil light when I picked it up from the shop that installed it. They changed the oil pressure sending unit and the oil light has never come on since then. VTEC was working.
But sometimes after I floor it the CEL comes on. When it was on the redline became 6500rpms. When you turn off the car then turn it back on the CEL goes away. Have put 200 miles on it.

Today after multiple full throttle pulls the light came on and so I ran the code. I dont floor it when its on.
Of course P0136 2nd 02 sensor.

but...

P1259 VTEC SYSTEM MALFUNCTION
Honda
1. Low engine oil/pressure
2. Blocked oil passage
3. Failed VCT oil control valve

Acura
1. oil level / pressure
2. Open or short circuit condition
3. Failed VTEC oil pressure switch
4. Failed VTEC solenoid

Turned off the car then turned it on light went away. Drove around then I floored it and vtec was working then it stopped working. Oil level is good a hair over the second line. Will change it tonight just in case.

Where do I go from here?!?! The shop is closed that installed it but will pm him on local site.

Thanks for the help.

WTF did you replace the motor with another B16A for?

Maybe it was blown? Honestly, that's kind of a dumb question, don't you think? Why does it matter?

Anyway, to the OP, what did you do with the secondary O2 sensor if you're running open header?

Back