B16A swap ito a 90 civic hatch dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bryan

I just finished me swap and the moter runs great and i got a code 22 i think it is flashing 2 long flashes then 2 short ones i checked al the wiring and replaced the vtec pressure switch and still get the code any ideas also my cooling fan kicks on at 175 degrees and runs constantly it keeps the motor running at 150 i remove the ac and i think that is the problem but i am not sure how to fix it can anyone help

Does the car still run fine even though its throwing the code?.. Is the CEL light on in the Dash?.. I had the same code when I installed my Vafc when my ECU told my car to turn on the Vtec and the Vafc didn't.. The CEL light would flash on the dash then I just had to shut the car off.. Turn it back on and the light was gone. However the ECU still blinked Code 22.. So I took the Negative terminal off the battery let it set for 15 minutes and the Light was gone. My car even with the ECu flashing 22 it still ran perfect.

The fan problem not sure on that one.

the car seems to run fine but it has no front end on it and no tags so i really cant drive it to much if i disconect the battery then reconect it and start the car check engine light comes on and the ecu flashes 22 if i turn the car off and start it again the light goes out but the computer still flashes the code i does this every time i disconect the battery By the way what light are u talking about when you say the CEL light

c*e*l check engine light. "it"s that little red light in the gauge cluster

Well the ECU remembers what Code ya throw until you reset it.. Thats why mine ran fine but was still flashing Code 22. So when I reset it by taking the Terminal off the battery and she reset. Right now my car is flashing on the ECU but I am too lazy to reset it. And she runs just fine..

But when my Code 22 would pop on with the Dash CEL my Rev Limit was down to like 6700 and the car ran sluggish as hell. But if I just shut her off turn it right back on then no CEL light on the dash and all was well again however the ECU would still blink until I reset it.

yeah that is the same thing mine is doing but vtec doesnot engage all the time so i know there is something wrong maybe intermiten but i have yet to finalize my harness yet so maybe i will find it then i also used a pressure switch for a del sol vtec could it not be the right sensor

Back