1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a swap problem/throttle cable?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by noregrets7, Jul 17, 2010.

1. noregrets7

noregrets7 New Member

ok here it goes, i swapped out my d15XX for a JDM b16a in my 94 civic dx (im pretty sure thats an EG) my only issue is i dont know which throttle cable to use, i KNOW its supposed to be a b series one, but which 1, im getting it from honda and need a specific type. i know someone out there has done this swap or at least knows what im looking for, thanks for any help

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I know the 92-95 Honda Civic EX/Si throttle cable works (I have an Si w/B16A)

I would think any 94-01 Integra throttle cable would work too.

3. egb19c

egb19c New Member

Use a 94-01 integra LS or 93-97 Del Sol VTEC throttle cable (both the same part number)

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I found this one on Ebay out of a 95 Civic EX (used) for $15 (+ $6 shipping)

I saw a new OEM LS one on Ebay for $25 (plus shipping)

5. egb19c

egb19c New Member

You can buy one brand new from the dealer for 25, and you won't have to pay shipping or deal with the slackers on EGAY

6. noregrets7

noregrets7 New Member

i just got 1 from a 94 vtec del sol, worked out great, just now im getting a check engine light, flashes 9 times, has to do with the distributor, luckily i got the motor from hmotors and theyre hooking me up with a new 1, im officially back on the road :spin:

7. hondamanky

hondamanky New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted