b16a swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alexderus

hey everyone

i have a 1991 civic that i plan to swap in a b16a. i have been researching the topic but i still have a few questions. I understand that the wiring harness from the stock engine will not directly work with the new SiR because of the additional 4 wires. if i use the SiR wiring harness or a 91 si harness, will i the 4 addiotional wires connect to the harness with without modification to the harness or ecu? I have read something like that and i am confused.

Another question, besides the replacement of the ecu, wiring harness and moving the battery to the back, are there any other electrical modifications that need to be done when swapping the engine. I know i will be able to tackle the mechanical aspect of the swap but the electrical has me confused. thanks.

You can use your Si harness, you will need to run the VTEC wires and the knock sensor wires. You will use the B16 ecu. You DO NOT have to relocate your battery. If you do, that is your choice, but it not required for the swap.

the sir harness will not work. use your stock harness, add the wiring and the b16 ecu.

matt

Back