1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A swap question

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SiR_crx, Nov 20, 2006.

1. SiR_crx

SiR_crx New Member

so correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i have learned so far from every one and my research, is that i have a car that was originally OBD0 (91' honda crx) and the motor that is in it is supposedly OBD1 (B18B), the motor that i'm getting is a B16 SiR II which i am led to believe is OBD1 (???) so if the motor in the car is obd1 and the b16 is obd1 (like i said i'm new to this) then when i pull the b18 the b16 should drop into place with some new mounts and drive axels and a new OBD1 dizzy (right???) but all the sensors should just plug and go am i right or can some one explain to me exactly what i need to do as i go about starting this project so i can get off on the right foot....

P.S. when i pull the motor and tranny, is it all going to come out through the top, or is it gonna have to drop through the bottom????

i feel like such a retard....:D :D :D <--DER!!!

2. SiR_crx

SiR_crx New Member

BUMP!!!!! PLEASE ANSWER THIS THREAD (sorry about the caps)

3. 91vtecsir

91vtecsir New Member

well im doin a b16a g2 with obd1 and a ys1 tranny and thats what i was told u can do.

4. random_hero

random_hero New Member

Get the book! "Honda Engine Swaps" by Aaron Bonk you can find it in your local Barnes & Nobles or on an online bookseller. It is an invaluable resource of info for swaps. I highly recommend this book for beginners. I bought the book and I've done a few swaps already. I actually learned some things I was not aware of.

5. SiR_crx

SiR_crx New Member

thanks might have to buy that book haven't ever heard of it till now...

6. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

you will have to get a new harness in your car and go online and get where everything hooks up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted