B16a Swap To 94' Ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boodussi808

:worthy: Just recently swap in this b16a 1gen to my 94'LS, why cuz I hydroLoc the B18B1. Made so many big mistake and wasted so much money, Cutting it short...The car is idling @1000 then flucuates to 2000 then back down to 1000 & 2000 etc. It does this all the time even when HOT or COLD. The check engine light DOESN'T come on, drives excellent and strong but flucuates as soon as I let off gas and put it to neutral...took it to shop etc..still not corrected, shop checked all sensors etc. they say its fine,maybe they missed something? How can I fix this? is there some sort of vaccum leak somewhere? WHERE is it? Also my car is running really RICH all the time,can this harm the engine...being too rich? how can I tune the FPR to make it less rich. More pressure or less? I have no smoke etc. coming out of tailpipes. All in all car drives great but idles like SHiet very annoying in traffic people thinks im revving all the time..any help is APPRECIATED.

i had this problem swapping my 2000 b16 into my civic cuz they gave me a first gen throttle body with not MAP location on it. the first gen jdm throttle bodies didnt have a map sensor on it. it was on the firewall or something. do you have you MAP sensor hooked up on your throttle body, also a little vacuum hose that runs of the charcoal can hasto go to the back of the IM. took me a little while to figure it out. just get a new throttle body and youll be fine. it sounds like the same problem i had but, im just guessing. its definitely a vacuum leak tho.

Thanks for the reply,well the IM is 1st gen too but the throttle body is not I'm guessing it a current one cuz i has a MAP sensor on top of it I can see it point blank..about the vaccum line, there is one line from the charcoal can that suppose to hook up to IM somewhere, theres like 3 of them 1 big 2 small ones the larger one of the 3 is not connected, the shop says its not neccessary cuz of the swap, so its dangling etc..looking ugly....dunno what to do, I'm driving around in a all show no go noisy ass car.....how imbarassing. I am taking it to shop again to get it looked at AGAIN they seem to fix it there take it home for couple hours then up and down up and down goes the rpm....what to do what to do...

yeah i left the little one just dangling too and it kept reving like your talking about. then when i hooked it up the the small one all the way to the right side of the IM(looking head on) everything seeemed to work good and my idle is 700 and steady. its real small and stretches the hose all the way.

Kool thanks I'll try looking at it again hopefully i can figure it out,what about my rich fuel problem? Thanks guys!! :D

Back