B16a Swap ?z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

:blink: ok i was just wondering a few small things. I just got my motor and started tearing it apart to see the condition it is in. its a b16a1 sir
1) I pulled out the #2 spark plug wire and noticed their was water in cylinder but was held back by the spark plug. how could this have happened? Also the gasket in between the cylinder above the spark plug and the valve cover looks a little worn, but would this explain the water/gassy lookin shite in there?

2) My distributor cap came broken and the spark plug wires wernt attached, so what is the firing order starting at the top of the dizzy going clockwise?

3) where does the purge tank go, and what is its function?

4) the pully closest to the front of the engine on the top is wearing and is a little wobbly, but when i spin it, this brownish coffee looking liquid comes out of the hose right by it.? wtf could this be and is it serious or would it just be because the motor was cut and probably sitting outside forever?

5) i have a J1 tranny, which car did this come from and can i use 90-93 teg axels with it without buying a new intermediate?

6) I hear people knockin on everything thats not hasport, but can people give me their oppinions on the HCP mount kit? id really like to go with them.

Thnx and reply soon

Back