B16A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skillz2k5

I have a 96 civic EX with a d16y8 in it (of course) that decided to "blow up" on me. So I ordered a B16A SiRII and I am needing to know what what the hell to do about my wiring harness mess. Should I go buy an OBD I wiring harness and ECU?? Is there any way to use my existing wiring harness?? Everything came with the motor I ordered as far as alternator, ECU, tranny ect. I swapped the fuel injectors from my d motor to my b motor to work with my current wiring harness. The ECU the company sent me is also an OBD II ECU so I have no need for a conversion harness at this point if I can use my existing d series harness that is in my car now. I also have a new dizzy on the way to match my OBD II wiring harness. So will someone please tell me where to start or what I need for this mess.

You have...

OBD II Injectors
OBD II ECU
OBD II distributor on the way...

What's your question?

your best bet is to send out both harnesses to hasport and they will wire it for you it is much easier and no mess in the engine bay.

I can send my existing harness and the harness that came with the motor to hasport to have it wired?!?!?! I hope it works... thanks man.

Originally posted by skillz2k5@Mar 15 2005, 01:20 PM
I can send my existing harness and the harness that came with the motor to hasport to have it wired?!?!?! I hope it works... thanks man.
[post=473819]Quoted post[/post]​

If Hasport does it it will work.By the sounds of it,if you do it,it prob will not.
Best bet = Hasport
When in doubt,pay someone else who knows what they are doing to do it.!LOL

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29360

Check out this link (it is in the reference section of good ole Hondaswap.com), i am uncertain what car your B16 SIRII is coming from, but if they are both OBD2a you are laughing (plug and play with ecu, just add the missing wires to your old harness for VTEC and etc), if they are not the same: make your wiring changes at the ECU by following the charts listed above. Save yourself some $ and use your mind.

I hope that helps.

:)

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Mar 15 2005, 01:04 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29360

Check out this link (it is in the reference section of good ole Hondaswap.com), i am uncertain what car your B16 SIRII is coming from, but if they are both OBD2a you are laughing (plug and play with ecu, just add the missing wires to your old harness for VTEC and etc), if they are not the same: make your wiring changes at the ECU by following the charts listed above. Save yourself some $ and use your mind.

I hope that helps.

:)
[post=473836]Quoted post[/post]​

Well unfortunatley they are not both OBD2a so it's not plug and play. The motor is OBD I and it is true JDM so alot of stuff doesn't match. I could probably run extra wires from my ECU myself but I really don't want to be in a pile of wires and electrical tape ect. I'll be honest here... I love my honda... and I love honda motors... but I HATE honda wiring harnesses.

[/quote]

Well unfortunatley they are not both OBD2a so it's not plug and play. The motor is OBD I and it is true JDM so alot of stuff doesn't match. I could probably run extra wires from my ECU myself but I really don't want to be in a pile of wires and electrical tape ect. I'll be honest here... I love my honda... and I love honda motors... but I HATE honda wiring harnesses.
[post=473847]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

hell they aint no different than any other harness from other companies, just a bunch of wires put together in conduit and they branch off to different sensors.

yeah by the sounds of it, pay someone to do it since electrical stuff might not be your thing! :)

Back