B16A tech question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondajohn99

Hey all, I recently purchased an older civic w/ B16A conversion, which I will transplant into my 91 CRX. But first I will solve a few problems...

The engine has a bored-out throttle body/intake plenum and larger fuel injectors. It has a Z-dyne ecu. It idles fine, and at WOT it goes like gangbusters, but anywhere in between the engine surges (runs intermittently) making it impossible to drive.
Anyone have any ideas what's causing this? Is it a sensor issue? Vacuum leak? Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks

could be serveral things, best thing to do is get a helms manual for a bseries motor like a 95 integra helms.

Sounds though like a vaccum leak, or the iacv on the back of the intake manifold. Check those. Also are there any check engine lights?

Originally posted by Crix@Jan 30 2005, 08:02 PM
could be serveral things, best thing to do is get a helms manual for a bseries motor like a 95 integra helms.

Sounds though like a vaccum leak, or the iacv on the back of the intake manifold. Check those. Also are there any check engine lights?
[post=453555]Quoted post[/post]​

There are no check engine lights on or error codes. That would be too easy! I have not gotten into it too deep yet, but I did hear a hissing like a vacuum leak near the purge cut-off valve I think. I will check the IACV too... and have a DOHC 94 del sol shop manual on the way... Just getting ideas at the moment. Thanks for the help!

Back