B16a Tranny On B18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey guys, my friend just said he would swap me his b16a tranny for my LS tranny b/c he is running turbo and has no need for the b16a tranny. will there be any problems i might occur swapping it in? what kinda RPM's will i be pulling at 65mph? estimates on how much quicker ill run the 1/4 mile, i run 15.39 on a dead clutch right now and LS tranny. any idea's ( no BS please for predicting times) on how much quicker a b16a tranny/lightneded fly/act HD clutch will go?

Thanks Boys,

To use that tranny you will have to buy the clutch setup and flywheel from a 92+ car. The input shaft on the 90-91 LS tranny is smaller than any other B series tranny.

you will probly gain at least 4 tenths in the quarter, my buddy had a zc in his crx ran a 15.5 with a dx tranny then went with an si tranny and dropped a half second so you can use that excample as a platform, keep me posted............

the transmission will help...

so well smaller wheels and tires...try hx/vx wheels with yokohama avs...15's kill 1/4 mile times, i know this first hand.

Back