B16a turbo HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hello

Came back , car is almost there ! , couple of pics of the rods and pistons ,, I have a question regarding the oil pressure skirter ! , what is the best position , in the docs on the wiseco box said that it needed to be .030" of the skirt of the piston , my question is ... why the skirter throws oil to the bottom side of the wall/wristpin of the piston ? that skirter should lubricate the wrist pin and the rod ? or should throw oil against the bottom side of the wall of the piston so it can divert that oil to the lower side of the cylinder so the skirt be lubricated !:D

Attachments

• Image168.jpg
    Image168.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Image169.jpg
    Image169.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 954
  • Image170.jpg
    Image170.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 287
  • Image171.jpg
    Image171.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 333
  • Image172.jpg
    Image172.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Image173.jpg
    Image173.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Image174.jpg
    Image174.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Image175.jpg
    Image175.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Image176.jpg
    Image176.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Image177.jpg
    Image177.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Image178.jpg
    Image178.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 274

lol, it's a b16a blanco ! , I really need to know how oils skirter works ! cause in this new pistons the skirt is different , plus , the oil skirter is pointing to the bottom side of the wall/wristpin of the piston , is that right ? and in the docs of the wiseco pistons said that I need to calibrate that .030 of the skirt ! is that right too ?

that's what I thought ! , you da man ! thanks :D! , I have another question regarding crome ! . the tunning is made with a computer and a module connected to the computer , then after everything is done , the configuration is burned to a chip and then installed to the board , ? what if I need to do another change ? , I need to burn another or can I use the same chip ! , I know safc only fools the ecu but how much money I have to spend on chrome ?

you can reburn on the same chips as long as they're EEPROM, which most are.

yes you have the general system right. make the maps on the PC, then burn the chip and install it into the ECU.

crome is free, I take it. I have Hondata, and i've never messed with crome. but i think it's free. that's why most people go with it.

1 other thing you should do, is buy a low profile socket to solder into the ECU to allow the chip you'll be making to be inserted and removed like plug and play. solder the socket to the ECU, and then just plug and play the chip. if your not clear on what i'm talkin about, say somethin.

Welcome to www.moates.net! : Moates.Net carries all the hardware needed (minus a PC) and that socket

that's what I mean with how much money I have to spend ! , there is an honda tuning kit that cost 300$ and it comes with pretty much everything

YB , this socket right ?
S2 Aries 28-pin ZIF Socket [S2] - $10.00 : Moates.Net

i dont have experiance with that particular socket, but since it's on Moate's site and it's low profile I would assume that it works. the socket I used at the time requires chip pullers. it just has round holes for the pins to sit in. like 2 bucks. that would be cooler by far if it fits. if you've ever built a computer, ZIF sockets are sooo easy it's dumb compared to pulling a chip that's seated. i have a P30 too and let me tell you it's a tight fit. height clearance for that chip is very low.

that 'box' is a catch can. it filters blow by gasses. your running boost, so lots of possibility for crankcase gas. maybe your rings arnt seated well anymore? i dont know exactly, but that's what the box does.

you have the exact same motor as me. and i'm going to boost my stock internals for a while really soon. if u dont mind, what kind of numbers did you make? How long did the tuning process take? How much did the tune cost? And how much fun is it? :) appriciated!
I'm getting 263 whp on a similar setup with stock internals (except for a GSR cam) running a Precision T3/T4, SC-5027E, .63 A/R turbo. Expect for a dyno tuning session to be $400-$600 for about 3-4 hours of work.

Last edited:
nice ... I already installed the wiseco pistons, eagle rods , I would like to get something for the head !. I need some suggestions. BLANCO ;), after I put everything togheter , looked excellent , the car is running even faster and now it's great, but I don't know why , but on idle, i get a sound like if a bearing is damaged or something , or really bad adjustment on valves or different adjustment ? oil ? , I adjust them 0.006-0.007 INT -- 0.007-0.008 EXAHUST , after I accelerate a little bit it goes away, my question is .. is the timing has to be changed for those pistons( having in mind that the pistons has offset, the wrist pin is not in the center ) or something ? , cams ?, cam gears ? , and by the way, I put my SAFC for sale , Im getting CROME.

Good man for listening to YB's and Blanco's advice. They are both very knowledgeable. I just want to know how your project ends up. Best of luck my friend. Just like you, I am learning too. :D

i went to turn my head in at the machine shop and he the guy there asked me if i wanted the head coated with thermal coating. he said it reduces the temp by at least 30 degrees.

is this necessary for a honda engine?

let me know if you guys know anything about this

Psst...that's referred to as "thread jacking". Some posters on here don't appreciate an invasion like this in their own thread, which is geared towards something they are trying to figure out. This would be a good time to start your own thread on this and help educate others on it. :D Best of luck.

Necessary? No. But it will make more power.

Booyah! After seeing this on several threads and waiting to see if anyone answered it, I finally got the answer I've been waiting for. *makes note and will hopefully remember it for his own build* Muchas gracias, Scott. :D

hey ,,,, what about me , this is my post............

well anyways , what about my problem, can somebody help me out a little bit :( ???????

nice ... I already installed the wiseco pistons, eagle rods , I would like to get something for the head !. I need some suggestions. BLANCO ;), after I put everything togheter , looked excellent , the car is running even faster and now it's great, but I don't know why , but on idle, i get a sound like if a bearing is damaged or something , or really bad adjustment on valves or different adjustment ? oil ? , I adjust them 0.006-0.007 INT -- 0.007-0.008 EXAHUST , after I accelerate a little bit it goes away, my question is .. is the timing has to be changed for those pistons( having in mind that the pistons has offset, the wrist pin is not in the center ) or something ? , cams ?, cam gears ? , and by the way, I put my SAFC for sale , Im getting CROME.

it's more like knock , let me see if i can post a sound file . and it goes away when I throttle a little bit , it doesn't has to be driving.... the good thing is that it doesn't lose power at all it actually runs better than before

it's in the top of the engine , I think you are a very busy man , but help me out with this:) , I uploaded a video is not the best quality cause I only had my cellphone, but give me your opinion , the best moment of the ticky sound is like starting the second number 30. and look how it goes away when I throttle a little bit ... thanks my man !!

Founded , lost motion assembly , controls vtec movement ! ,sticking , ok ! I will , so 0.008 INT and 0.010 EX

Last edited:
Back