1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a Vs. B16b

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Less_is_more_B18, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Less_is_more_B18

Less_is_more_B18 Junior Member

For purposes of swapping, what would be the difference in boosting the B16 from the Si-R2 (b16A) and the JDM Civic Type R motor (B16B). I was looking for the lightest swap possible, and was not sure what the extra money in getting a type R would accomplish. Although I would be able to put that cool little type R stamp on my car like everyone in my town puts on their domestics. :tfg: Buncha posers Anyway, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

SiR2 is OBD1
    CTR is OBD-2 with higher compression, better valvetrain, better tranny, etc...

and no you still cant put a type R badge on the car ... there is a lot more to a type R than just an engine... not to mention its just :ghey:

3. Less_is_more_B18

Less_is_more_B18 Junior Member

Thanks dude, I was just trying to mock this guy i keep seeing around town with a "Type R Mustang." I take it the B16A would be a better one to boost then?

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

oops :bash: i didnt see the when boosted part ... yes the B16A will be a better candidate for boost... for boost i would still choose the B18B though

5. prawjEKt Cx

prawjEKt Cx Senior Member

yeah it's hands down all over that b18b is the best boost on a budget motor.....

6. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

on a budget?...

The b18b is just the best b series to boost and unlike the h22, you keep your handling. Turbo is never for the cheap, it is the most expensive or all the routes but has the biggest payoffs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted