b16a vss and knock sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

r_honda

Im throwing codes for these two things, does anybody have pictures of the 1989 hb si vehicle speed sensor and how its proporly hooked up to run the speedo and get rid of the CEL. Id also apprectiate a picture of a knock sensor installed on a b16a. thanks very much

dayne :D

The knock sensor on a b16a sits just under the intake manifold and is made of green plastic (among other things) It's quite easy to spot but difficult to remove.

Pretty easy to reach the knock sensor from underneath the back of the engine though. Just reach your arm all the way up and push the button in and pull the sensor out. I've done it several times in the swap I'm doing now.
As for the vss, which b16a are you using? If the b16a sirI, then I just took mine off the b16(due to the hydrolics not needed with the crx), and put the one from the d16 on it, and hooked up the speedo cable to it. Hope this helps. I don't have pics of them.

if u look on the back side of your tranny, kinda behind the battery and through some wires ull see a round looin thing. if it is in your ef u should of gottin one from a ls because u cant use the digital one. if you see a clip u need to change it with one that attaches to your speed cable.if it isnt hooked up ull see it just chillin arount ther somewhere. my b16 has two hoses coming off it because b16 have powersteering. but yea its round and sits on a flat part of the tranny. right to the left of the rear mount if lookin into the engine bay.

Back