B16a wont run

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90b16acivic

hey just finished a B16a into a 90 civic si has a pr3. got every thing in and hooked up right by the looks of it but the engine wont run it starts a little putts and then when it finaly gets up around 1k rpm it just dies or it dies as soon as i touch the gas. it also back fires often when trying to start it.

any suggestions would be very helpful thanks

Are you throwing any codes? If you don't know how to find them, check the articles section. Check to see that the TPS is connected correctly. The TPS should read 4.5 Volts (read with a volt meter) at wide open throttle.

You might not have the wiring harness correct. Sounds like problem we had. There are two connections on the throttle body that you can switch the harness will fit both ways. If it is wrong it will run like shit smoke and not rev. It has been a while so I am not sure with ones they are but I pretty sure they are on the throttle body. Someone here should know what I am talking about and should be able to help futher. If that is not the case timing could be the problem. Make sure when cam gears are lined up for top dead center the #1 piston is all the way up.

Good Luck
Chris

im throwing a code 22 and 23 for knock sensor and oil pressure because i havent wired them yet do i need to wire those for it to run properly?

just got a new distibutor cause it didnt have fire before checked the fuel preasure and i dont know were i could get another known working ecu becuase of the lack of honda tuners/drivers in nothern canada

sounds like a timing issue to me. get a timing light and check it.

Originally posted by DTEC@Apr 8 2005, 08:05 AM
[post=484579]Quoted post[/post]​

I had the same problem with a swap, a freind of mine cross the wires on the map sensor, it also happend when I left the pin for the map sensor out at the ecu. when you step on the gas it dies out.

Originally posted by DTEC@Apr 8 2005, 08:05 AM
[post=484579]Quoted post[/post]​

werd, when i got my new dizzy, the teeth that went into the cam were put on backwards(i know the oem one can only go in one way, but the aftermarket one i got from streetimports.com fit in both ways) and it would backfire and not start. So we physically took the teeth off of the dizzy, turned it 180 degrees and put it back together and started up first try. So check that out if you dont figure it out.

Back