b16a1 build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondalover88

soo i found this sexy b16a1 engine lol :D for my crx whit only 120.000km on it im gona wait for my next pay check then im of buying it i think,

i want to build that engine up a bit whit some aftermarket parts the b16a1 got 150hp stock but i would wana get it up to around 190-200hp

soo this is what im thinking on soo here we go,

1.New sport header and a race cat,
2.New aftermarket intake manifold + cold air intake system i think il build my own ,
3.Chip the ecu and get aftermarket cams
4.Get the top port and polished,
5.Aftermarket clutch kit,

i think il gona need a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors too but i think that should make around 190-200hp whit a good tune ofc ;)
and il get new titanium retainers,forged valves and new aftermarket valve springs to be on the safe side or are the stock ones more then enoff to use

soo what do you guys think am i good to go or hawe ive missed something or am i overshooting whit the parts lol would be great whit some feedback guys ;)

heres a pic on the engine they gave me gona repaint it also
6h8eqb.jpg

Last edited:
for an N/A build stock valves are fine, depending on elevation you might get to 175-180hp with all the mods, I/H/E/ should be good for 5-10hp then cams 5-10hp possible,port n polish 5-15 hp you wont need a bigger fuel pump or injectors unless you turbo the thing. it's a good start for sure.

Back