b16a1 compared to dohc zc running second

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've been thinking again, and researching.
back to my bandit, it isnt sold yet, so my mind wonders back.

I'm comparing a zc dohc to a d16z6. The rules say these are too be stock. I'm not sure i could run a d16z6 b/c it wasn't put in that type of car. (91)

but if I'm correct, the vtech doesn't hit till like 5600 rpm, with a rev limiter of probably 65-6700.

and a non vtech is better on the low end, so wouldn't it be better to run a dohc zc.

average id say (hp) 130 ish, probes, neons, integra's are fast.
b16 is just too much cash for me I cant afford that. I know I can get a b16 change over for 1500 . And the zc and tranny for almost half that. and don't gotta get a wire harness. but id have to re wire my ecu, since its a std hatch.

ZC 89-91

anyone work with these guys, thats cheap comes with tranny too. hmotors wants 550 just for engine and then an extra 150 for tranny.

I think b16 has like 3 more torque.

Too expensive for sure.
ya seems like lighter clutches, flywheels, cranks, and changing the cams, and shaving the heads seem pretty popular.

but ya b18a1 seems like a better choice, a 90-93 teg would make a good bandit in itself. i hear they handle better then a hatch, since u gotta keep stock/oem suspension.

ok, I was talking around and im gonna get my hands on a d16a6 with the si tranny since its got best acceleration.
Its a STD ecu, so can i just re wire it?

another local track has banned dohc's in there bandits. so some people think columbus will too.
I see what u mean, but i have seen a d16a6 out there and it was quick, i talked too the guy and he said its straight legal. but i have my doubts.

Back