B16A1 Engine Mods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaRacer238

I just got this engine (B16A1) and am in the prosess of sticking it in my 91 CRX...what should be the first things i buy to get some easy hp out of this engine?

hey bro how much you spend on your motor I thinking of getting my friends 89 SI crx thinking of going B16 too send me a tell about the motor price.

i spent $1801 for a manual 5 speed with shifter and shift linkage with 25,000 miles on it...that is shipped to a business address and with the axles :D ...i got it off ebay from sunrise autosports or somethin that like...any ideas on how i can get this engine to put up some big hp numbers and some fast quarter mile times?

Originally posted by HondaRacer238@Aug 19 2004, 10:52 AM
any ideas on how i can get this engine to put up some big hp numbers and some fast quarter mile times?
[post=379111]Quoted post[/post]​

Forced induction.

Originally posted by StyleTEG+Aug 19 2004, 12:09 PM-->
HondaRacer238
@Aug 19 2004, 10:52 AM
any ideas on how i can get this engine to put up some big hp numbers and some fast quarter mile times?
[post=379111]Quoted post[/post]​

Forced induction.
[post=379153]Quoted post[/post]​

forced induction...meaning like a turbo setup? if so...what else can i do besides this...or along with it

A cheaper way of seeing big power gains would be nitrous oxide. Really turbo is the only way to go if you wanna see big numbers. Start off by getting some aggressive cams, simple port and polish(not nessasary but a good thing to do), low comp pistons, and a decent exhaust with a t3/04 turbo kit(custom is way cheaper than a already put together kit). If you wanna get an already put together kit then I would go with a full-race kit. If you wanna see decent numbers with na i hope you got deep pockets or else it will never happen.

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Aug 19 2004, 11:17 PM
A cheaper way of seeing big power gains would be nitrous oxide. Really turbo is the only way to go if you wanna see big numbers. Start off by getting some aggressive cams, simple port and polish(not nessasary but a good thing to do), low comp pistons, and a decent exhaust with a t3/04 turbo kit(custom is way cheaper than a already put together kit). If you wanna get an already put together kit then I would go with a full-race kit. If you wanna see decent numbers with na i hope you got deep pockets or else it will never happen.
[post=379478]Quoted post[/post]​

ok so what kinda cam would i be lookin at gettin...me and my dad can do my porting job...ill buy some wiesco pistons and exhaust along with a t3/t4 turbo kit...but the thing is i was lookin at custom kits...they seem to be more expensive then a already put together kit...where can u get a cheap custom kit...and what do u mean by na...i dont got deep pockets..im only 15...but i pack $450-$500 a month and a credit card to make payements on :D

.me and my dad can do my porting job

Unless your dad has been porting honda heads specificly for 5-10 years, I would have someone else do it. Its an art that very few really know.

At this point forget about modifying your engine, and modify your mind. Do lots of searches, and read as much as you can about modifications, cams, compression, etc.

Otherwise you are going to get people randomly recommending parts with out considering the fact that they need to work together as a system. The end result will be a lot of money spent for very little gained.

brain, its whats for dinner.

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 20 2004, 03:17 AM
At 15, worry about learning how to drive for a few years, then worry about power. Otherwise you're just going to be another kid who wraps his hard work around a gaurd rail, tree or telephone poll. That shouldn't be taken as an insult either.
[post=379594]Quoted post[/post]​

ya u got a point, but i jus wanna do some drags and get some quarter miles going and some dyno testing, build me a real car :D ...and my dad has been a tech for over 20 years, with a pro honda builder on our side, along with a pro sprint car driver...so i think porting will be a breeze...we did it on my racing 400ex and its the fastest 400ex ive ever seen or rode on

Back