b16a1 hesitation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDA_F1

i recenly just put a b16a1 into my integra and it has this hesitation issue

this is basicaly what it does

if im on the throttle enfought to just keep it at that gear and i push i a little bit more i mean a little it doesn't want to accerate and the engine feels rough
and when i push it a little bit more its fine and starts accerating abruplty

also when its idleing its fine but sometimes randomly its will start to slowly decrase its rpms and start to get rough and it will automaticly pop it self back up.

what is mostly liekly the problem..

id go with what calesta said, check for your ingniton parts being burnt, plugs, rotor and inside the cap.

im just geussin but it kinda sounds like a lazy 02 sensor problem. but im not sure if first gen b 16's came with them, cause there are first gens that are obd 0 right??

running 93 oct gas

plugs are new

and i do have a 2nd o2 sensor odb0 computer but im getting no engine codes

how do i tell if i have a "lazy 2nd o2 sensor"

Originally posted by HONDA_F1@Jan 14 2005, 09:55 PM
running 93 oct gas

plugs are new

and i do have a 2nd o2 sensor odb0 computer but im getting no engine codes

how do i tell if i have a "lazy 2nd o2 sensor"
[post=445894]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont think obd 0 comps look for an 02 sensor, youd have to ask calesta or someone so if the computer doesnt look for an 02 it aint that obviously,

i dunno i just got home, im drunk. diag'ing is tough right now

but maybe look in search for the tps check, tps could be screwy. i came across that, civic would histate, guy just had a tune up done, tps wasnt picking up a signal at a certain position, caused the car to hesitate cause if the guy held it at a certain point it would studder..... but do the test first cause you cant buy the tps alone, you need to order the whole throttle body.

I am haiving the same problem. It has progesevly gotten worst over the last day, the guy that i bought the care from said that it did that to him once. he said there was a wire loose in the fuse compartment under the steering colum. i noticed that it studders when my tach tweeks out and is just randomly jumping around, so i think is in the wiring and not in the spark. at least for me. just givin you some ideas to check out

I am haiving the same problem. It has progesevly gotten worst over the last day, the guy that i bought the care from said that it did that to him once. he said there was a wire loose in the fuse compartment under the steering colum. i noticed that it studders when my tach tweeks out and is just randomly jumping around, so i think is in the wiring and not in the spark. at least for me. just givin you some ideas to check out
the tach going crazy and shuddering is the cap and rotor,,replace it and it should be fine,,,

the tach acting up can be an early sign to a bad distributor also. honda distributors are notorious for all sorts of problems. do a quick search and see if any of the other distributor related symptoms match your own.

I work for honda and the problem wont really be in the cap and rotor itself, it is in the wiring. check your TRANNY GROUND also, i found out that what my problem was.

Back