1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A1 in EF won't start.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by dominik, Jan 25, 2006.

1. dominik

dominik Junior Member

I just finished my swap. I accidently bought an OBD1 motor, but was able to find OBD0 dizzy, ecu and fuel w/ injectors. Anyhow, I plug everything in except the oxygen sensor and coolant sensor. I try to fire her up and on the second crank it fired RIGHT up. I was amazed.
    Now, today I go to fire her up and I get nothing, not even a sputter.
    The only thing that has changed was me wiring in the coolant sensor on the t-stat housing.
    I was told it doesn't matter which wire is which because it's just a resistance sensor.
    I'm talking about the sensor thats on the back of the D16A6; on the B16A its on the t-stat housing. I just had used a spare plug from a parts car and extended the wires.
    The car still doesn't have an oxy sensor....

I actually did manage to get it started but only for a second and it died right away.

There is no coolant in the car because my upper hose is on back order.

Any ideas? I'm putting a NEW oxy sensor tomorow but still, on the first day it started right up each time, about 5-6 times and stayed running. Possible fault wiring on the coolant sensor? Or perhaps there actually needs to be coolant in the car for it to get a proper reading.
    Sorry for the long post, I just tried to as specific as possible so people don't have to ask questions and I can just get an answer.
  2. Punisher

Punisher Member

Did I read wrongly? You actually ran your motor without coolant??? You didn't know how fast the engine would fry without coolant? The least you could have is water inside.
  3. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

Thornton, CO
    There, I fixed it for you. Otherwise, you pretty much said it yourself.
Draft saved Draft deleted