B16A1 in EF won't start.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dominik

I just finished my swap. I accidently bought an OBD1 motor, but was able to find OBD0 dizzy, ecu and fuel w/ injectors. Anyhow, I plug everything in except the oxygen sensor and coolant sensor. I try to fire her up and on the second crank it fired RIGHT up. I was amazed.
Now, today I go to fire her up and I get nothing, not even a sputter.
The only thing that has changed was me wiring in the coolant sensor on the t-stat housing.
I was told it doesn't matter which wire is which because it's just a resistance sensor.
I'm talking about the sensor thats on the back of the D16A6; on the B16A its on the t-stat housing. I just had used a spare plug from a parts car and extended the wires.
The car still doesn't have an oxy sensor....

I actually did manage to get it started but only for a second and it died right away.

There is no coolant in the car because my upper hose is on back order.

Any ideas? I'm putting a NEW oxy sensor tomorow but still, on the first day it started right up each time, about 5-6 times and stayed running. Possible fault wiring on the coolant sensor? Or perhaps there actually needs to be coolant in the car for it to get a proper reading.
Sorry for the long post, I just tried to as specific as possible so people don't have to ask questions and I can just get an answer.

Did I read wrongly? You actually ran your motor without coolant??? You didn't know how fast the engine would fry without coolant? The least you could have is water inside.

Back