B16a1 Into 5th Gen, Whats Wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slow93Hatch

Hi, I want to get a motor for my 93 DX hatch. What is wrong with running a B16a1 in a 5th gen Civic? Why does everyone say its so bad to do? What is the difference between that and the B16a2 besides 10HP and $1000? I just dont get why the Sir2 motors are so much more money for 10HP. I know its non-OBD but if you have a 4th gen civic running a B16a1 is fine, i dont get it. Please give me more info, thanks.

:withstupid:
the tranny wont work with your car without a lot of bullshit
the wiring harness wont work with your car without a lot of bullshit

basicly in the end you will have spent more money than if you got the right engine to begin with and its gunna be a fucking hack show

Look, I did what you "want" to do. I will say this. You get what you pay for in this world, except if your an idiot and get ripped off. You are paying for a more fresh motor, the first gens are fucking old, old, old. I always recommend getting a 1.8 since they have more tq. But i also loved my second gen b16, pretty much cause I made the fucker move. I would recommend getting the second gen. I wish I never bought the first gen since it was the first motor I ever swapped in my life into my 5th gen.

Milan

Back