b16a1 into 91 civic lx 4dr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

svt1.8t

im doing a swap for a customer of mine and i'm having some problems, i had to covert the car to the mpfi with a new engine harness, no big deal, problem is now the connector by the resistor does not match up, am i going to have to change the fuse box in the car and rewire up to there??? customer supplied and jdm b16a1 and the engine harness, mounts, a pwo computer and hassport shift linkage and a throttle cable kit. am i missing something else to finish this, i know i have wire in the vtec, i just cant get the car to start i have no spark or fuel pressure?? please help me

If you're dropping it into a EF chassis, and you want to used an OBD1 motor, you'll have to buy a jumper harness for ecu, dizzy and just change the plugs for the injectors. Also, since OBD1 uses a 4 wire oxy sensor, you'll have to wire it in, but it's no big deal because the jumper harness on the ECU comes with those wires to be spliced into.

You can also just convert the motor to OBD0, which is I did. All I did was buy OBD0 injectors, rail, dizzy and PR3 ecu. The next day I sold my OBD1 stuff for what I paid for the OBD0 stuff.

The jumper harness's can be bought at rywire.com.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you're dropping it into a EF chassis, and you want to used an OBD1 motor, you'll have to buy a jumper harness for ecu, dizzy and just change the plugs for the injectors. Also, since OBD1 uses a 4 wire oxy sensor, you'll have to wire it in, but it's no big deal because the jumper harness on the ECU comes with those wires to be spliced into.

You can also just convert the motor to OBD0, which is I did. All I did was buy OBD0 injectors, rail, dizzy and PR3 ecu. The next day I sold my OBD1 stuff for what I paid for the OBD0 stuff.

The jumper harness's can be bought at rywire.com.
the motor is odb0 and has a pwo ecu, by the way whats a dizzy

dizzy is distributor - did you use the LX engine harness and convert it to MPFI?

the resistor plug for the resistor box is for a MPFI car, as opposed to DPFI car, change the plug for box, thats all i can think of.

Also check the wires to the ECU from the distributor to make sure you didnt mix up 2 wires, the plug has 2 white wires that are easily switched that will result in no spark. I made that mistake on my swap to make it OBD1

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the resistor plug for the resistor box is for a MPFI car, as opposed to DPFI car, change the plug for box, thats all i can think of.
DPFI cars don't have resistor box
i got a harness out of a 90 crx si and i'm using that with that resistor, the car has a 12pin round connector that is on the driver side strut tower and then goes into the driverside of dash. the mpfi harness that i have has a 8pin round connector. i have pulse now just no spark.

[/quote]
i got a harness out of a 90 crx si and i'm using that with that resistor, the car has a 12pin round connector that is on the driver side strut tower and then goes into the driverside of dash. the mpfi harness that i have has a 8pin round connector. i have pulse now just no spark.
[/quote]

did you do anything with the distributor plugs? If not Check the connections on the ECU.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the LX DPFI chassis harness does not have wires in it for the other 2 injectors nor for the CYL sensor in the distributor - in order to convert it to MPFI, you have to add these wires to the LX harness - wires in both connectors, driver's side and passenger side are in different locations on the LX and Si - some wires for the same function in both cars are even in the opposite connectors

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the LX DPFI chassis harness does not have wires in it for the other 2 injectors nor for the CYL sensor in the distributor - in order to convert it to MPFI, you have to add these wires to the LX harness - wires in both connectors, driver's side and passenger side are in different locations on the LX and Si - some wires for the same function in both cars are even in the opposite connectors
i'm not using the lx harness using a mpfi harness out of crx, what needs to be modified on the distributor plug?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i'm not using the lx harness using a mpfi harness out of crx, what needs to be modified on the distributor plug?
you cannot use the MPFI harness - you need to use the LX harness and modify it - it will not work with the Si harness

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
you cannot use the MPFI harness - you need to use the LX harness and modify it - it will not work with the Si harness
th lx harness only had 2 fuel injector and none of the connectors worked on this jdm b16a1 motor

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I was thinking something along that line, but wasnt sure on how to put it. :laugh:
Agreed

HOLY SHIT REALLY! Thats why its called an MPFI Conversion. Seriously, why is someone paying you to do this if you don't know how to do it? There is a write up on the DPFI to MPFI conversion in the articles section of this webiste. Follow that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
th lx harness only had 2 fuel injector and none of the connectors worked on this jdm b16a1 motor
that is why you have to modify the LX harness - to add wiring from the ECU for 2 more injectors and the CYL sensor, wire in the injector clips, add a resistor box, extend wiring for TPS, extend wiring for EACV and swap connector at the distributor - you also need to swap some wires around at the ECU itself - that is what is required to swap it from DPFI to MPFI - you cannot just swap the Si harness onto the engine - the car itself is not wired from the ECU to the engine bay for MPFI

Back