B16a1 Into An Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aesop

I just finsihed reading the article about swapping a 1st gen B16 into a 5th Gen Civic. I would like to know if there is anything missing from it? I was under the impression that more would be needed in the electronics department then just an odb1 distributor and a chipped ecu. This topic has been covered in many different fourms but the parts list is never fully discussed, any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I have copied the parts listing from the article on this site. what else is required?

B16A Longblock
Hydro Transmission
OBD1 Distributor
ECU (Chipped P28 )
Mounts, Shift Linkage
Axles

The article is just using the 1st gen longblock,but all the other components are OBD I,So along with the block you need to source the distributor,injectors,P30 or chipped P28 ECU.Other than that all the parts are listed,with the exception of any miscellaneous parts that need to be replaced (hoses,clutch,waterpump,timing belt)

Really though you are better off just getting a OBD I B16A siRII motor as a complete swap from a dealer,since sourcing all the extra parts to convert it over to a hydro tranny and OBD I are going to end up costing you the same anyway.

Back