b16a1 into integra 1990

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDA_F1

i have a couple question

if i were to put a b16a1 into my current car 1990 integra with my YS1 trans...would my gears be too big...would the engine stay in vtec when i shift?
and would it be considerable slower if i ketp my transmision..
(i do autoX once in while if that would help you answer this)

another question...should i buy a uncut wire-harness with the engine..or just add the wires i need for vtec and knock..etc ?
is there a guild on how to modify the odb0 integra harness for vtec?
i see the guilds mostly for odb1-2 ..im also asking if its worth my time to do it,

...i have 1 swap experence on me...zc into crx 1990si(my gf car) would this job be the same or easier?

Thanks

Originally posted by HONDA_F1@Nov 10 2004, 02:10 AM
i have a couple question

if i were to put a b16a1 into my current car 1990 integra with my YS1 trans...would my gears be too big...would the engine stay in vtec when i shift?
and would it be considerable slower if i ketp my transmision..
(i do autoX once in while if that would help you answer this)

another question...should i buy a uncut wire-harness with the engine..or just add the wires i need for vtec and knock..etc ?
is there a guild on how to modify the odb0 integra harness for vtec?
i see the guilds mostly for odb1-2 ..im also asking if its worth my time to do it,

...i have 1 swap experence on me...zc into crx 1990si(my gf car) would this job be the same or easier?

Thanks
[post=414578]Quoted post[/post]​

IMO both are pretty much the same difficulty...not difficult at all. when you put the b16 in your integra you will use everything you have on your integra right now except for the motor itself (seeing as how you want to keep your LS tranny...get a b16 cable one...you'll notice a big difference) and your computer. as far as wiring goes it's pretty straight foward...2 wires for vtec, 1 wire for knock, and another wire for 2nd o2 (if you like because some pr3's i've seen don't look for it :ph34r: )

ECU:pR3 or PW0
Tranny:J1,Y1,S1 (these are b16 trannies or course, just in case you don't keep the LS)

If you AutoX DO NOT put a b16 in your car. It will bump you to the highest/hardest class because your engine swap was not an option for your car in that year. If you need a new engine just swap in another b18b, or it you already have a working b18, spend the money on something like suspention or something.

Also, a b16 in a Teg with an LS transmission will be SLOW. b16's work great in CRX's, but a teg weighs too much for the b16's puny torque output. If you really want to swap, go LSVTEC, CRVTEC, GSR, or Type R.

i don't have a working engine,
...my car model came with this engine before tho in japan will it realy be that slow..
i mean would it be slower than what i have?
http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/

im not conserned about class...i do it for fun and anything that will get my closer to my bothers s2000 will make me happy

and cost and time is an issue ....... odb0 to odb0 = easy
and b16a1 = cheapest.

if you have a better option consering cost and time let me know

maybe i will just get the trans with it, the reason why i wanted to keep it was because
my syncos are in perfect shape although it does make a sound some times like a hum light high pitched when a engage the clutch recenly when i was useing the trans, but the cluch is extreamly old...orignal w/ 183k miles on it so its probaly related to that..

$1450 sound ok for a pirce ..this includes b16a1,ecu,trans,wireharness un-cut alternator intake and exhaust manifold ..and shipping is included

if i got that what else would i need ..other than mantanace stuff i should replace..
and as far as parts where should i go to get a part listing for the b16a1?

thanks for the help

#1, you should order from Hmotorsonline.com.

My swap cost ~$3000 but that was in a CRX and I had to buy mounts and shit. Just make sure you have twice as much money as you think you'll need available. Shit happens and you'll be glad for the extra cash.

is the wireharness the same for all b16a1's when they connect inside the engine bay?
or are the connectors differant......
beacuse some b16a1s were in civics and other cars so im asking if its standard or odb0?

Yes the wiring is the same, but you'll need to run 4 wires for the vtec:
2nd O2 sensor
Knock Sensor
Vtec Solenoid
Vtec oil pressure sensor

And if hte engine is coming from Japan, you wont be able to use the Wiring Harness... se the stock LS and modify it.

Im not sure... its better to use the LS harness... its plug-n-play... the VTEC B16 harness would need modded, extended wires, etc... just use the LS harness.

alright i have no prob with modifying my harness im just having trouble finding a guild for odb0 vtec with the b16

thx for the help brain11to1
and the rest too...i should be ordering my engine soon just looking around for the best prices

i have to add the wires for VTEC oil pressure sensor, Knock Sensor, VTEC Solenoid.
but i don't have the manual for the PR3 Ecu so i was wondering if there was a guide

guide
you know a how-to on what wires to do or is it pretty streight forward .......im only saying i will need this because i wont have them manual for the PR3 ECU so i wont know what wires to add and stuff...

Back