b16a1 w/ b20 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livewire

can i do this without any problems??? i have a b16 in my 91 civic but will the block bolt right up because i plan on tearing down my engine soon anyways to do some work on it!!! i have seen some cars with the b20 block with a b16 head on it but does it just bolt right up???

thanks
~bill~

where do you put the oil line?? will i have to drill a hole and make an oil line?? or is there an extra oil line on the block and i have to run one to the car???

thanks
~bill~

also will my HASPORT mounts for the b16a into civic still work with the b20b?? another thing would it be wise to get the b20b internals too?? and one more does anyone know where i can get all of that for cheap without the whole engine???

thanks
~bill~

Originally posted by livewire@Dec 31 2003, 01:00 AM
also will my HASPORT mounts for the b16a into civic still work with the b20b??

another thing would it be wise to get the b20b internals too??

yes your motor mounts will still work.

if you want your motor to run then yes it would be wise to get the b20b internals.

block mounts are the same
you need the b20 internals

get this kit for 220 bucks...

284_VTECCONVERSIONFULL72.jpg

goldeneaglemfg.com

one more quick question. what transmission do i use can i use the b16 trans or would it be better with the b20b or are they the same??? ohh yeah and also is there a place that i can buy just a bottom end for a b20 or do i have to buy the whole thing and just use the bottom end???

thanks
~bill~

Originally posted by livewire@Jan 1 2004, 06:53 PM
one more quick question. what transmission do i use can i use the b16 trans or would it be better with the b20b or are they the same??? ohh yeah and also is there a place that i can buy just a bottom end for a b20 or do i have to buy the whole thing and just use the bottom end???

thanks
~bill~

try www.jdmhondaparts.com for a b20 block

Back