1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a1

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by pyrohardcore, Apr 27, 2003.

1. pyrohardcore

pyrohardcore Junior Member

sounds outragous. but its what i want. likelyhood? how abouts getting it? what i gotta change, what should i put in? yada yada yada. not the times in 1/4 i even care about, its the dyno read out. let me know.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

are you stuck on a b16a1??
    that's not the most ideal platform to start with for 400 whp

3. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

What is the most ideal platform to start with for those kind of numbers?

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

5. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

The b16a is a great platform for generating a lot of hp. Its just tq that the motor struggles with. If you want 400hp from that motor all you need is alot of money and a good tuner somewhere near ya. I would sleeve the motor out to a 1.8l, get lower compression pistons (9.0:1 or so), some aftermarket rods, hondata, aem or some other engine management system, and then get a large turbo set-up, using something like a t3/60-1 or something of the like. With all that you should generate about 400 whp if you get it tuned well. Good luck. By the way all that would run you around $8k or so after tuning, not including the motor or car.

6. pyrohardcore

how do you go about sleeving a motor? and the torque wasn't my hugest worry, i just wanted to put it on the dyno once, put up a 400+ number and take it off. everyday driving power can be upto 100hp lower.

7. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

if that's the sole reason why you want it i should slap you silly and we can just call it a day. there's no point to that.
    :whatafucktard:

8. pyrohardcore

its not the sole reason. but like i said, i want numbers of the such, then i can tone it down for everyday driving. not everyday, but ya know, local gatherings and stuff. but again its not the sole reason, just the biggest one.

9. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

yay!!!!!! youll have a 400+hp dyno queen

[​IMG]

it doesnt matter if you can build your car to put out 1200hp... if you cant drive it there is no fucking point

what a motherfucking waste

:whatafucktard:

much like at the drag strip... i have more respect for and am more impressed by the person who DRIVES his car to the track bangs out a 12sec pass and DRIVES his car home than the dousche bag that trailers his car up there runs a 9 and trailers it home

if you put it on a dyno and put out 400+ and then tune it down... you have absolutly no bragging rights.... your like the dipshits that build an engine and say "its capable of 800hp" but it only pushes 200

build a car that you can drive... not a dyno bitch that puts out impressive numbers only when its strapped down

:bash:

10. Havok

Havok Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted