B16A2 Air-con control valve , where is it ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi ,
need you all help , i am confusing where actually is the air-con control valve install ? isnt at the back of IM (IACV) ? Cause when my air-con ON(compressor turn ON) the RPM drop about 200rpm and slowly go back to 750rpm and i suspect the air-con control valev doesnt working . so need help to locate where is the vlave . Thank you .

The idle air control valve (IACV) is that big tumor on the back of the intake manifold. It's got 2 nipples for the coolant inlet/outlet, and half of it is black plastic with the plug on the bottom of the black plastic.

I'm guessing you're saying that when your air conditioning is turned on, your RPM's drop. That's normal, when you turn the compressor on it puts resistance on the crank pulley, and will drop your revs a tad bit. That's nothing to do with your IACV. If the IACV was bad, the car would idle all crazy up and down (like from 500rpm to 1500rpm) regarless of your a/c being on or off.

Back