b16a2 and b18c1 cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CyRaX

Hey Guys Whats up, ok, I have a civic EK 97 with GSR 98 swap all stok (original ECU of GSR, it Works fine). The other car is a Civic SI 2000 b16a2 I Trying to tune up but i can´t, I talking about 2 months trying to do. The Civic SI is not stock it is: Edelbrock Victor X intake, DC Sports headesrs 4-1, Edelbrock Throttle body 65mm, comp cams stage 3, Crower valves +.5mm , Comp cams springs, RC injectors, AEM pulleys-Fuel rail- pressure regulator-fuel filter. The fuel pump is edelbrock, AEM V2 intake, the distribuitor and the coil are MSD. And I have the AEM EMS (ECU). the SI Have many problems with the ignition, and the acceleration is not working well.

but all the parts are fine. I think the problem is on the sensors.
What can i do with these cars? Tell me SWAP ;) What do I need?
The headers and the intake of the SI are not Hall in The GSR.:(
The intake have differents Screws.
The headers are shorts.

Last edited:
I don't even understand what you're asking? Do you want to swap the GS-R into the Si chassis?

It sounds like the si has all its money in the head and nothing in the block. If you want a power upgrade i suggest putting the b16 head on the gsr block in the 97. Its a straight swap and you'll pick up more torque from the gsr bottom end. Or if you want all this in the si chassis i suggest swapping the gsr bottom end into the si with the si head and using the si tranny. This would be a sick street setup.

It sounds like the si has all its money in the head and nothing in the block. If you want a power upgrade i suggest putting the b16 head on the gsr block in the 97. Its a straight swap and you'll pick up more torque from the gsr bottom end. Or if you want all this in the si chassis i suggest swapping the gsr bottom end into the si with the si head and using the si tranny. This would be a sick street setup.

this is also known as the poor mans type r setup - makes nice power and pretty easy to do

Back