1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a2 and b18c1 cars

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by CyRaX, Feb 7, 2008.

1. CyRaX

CyRaX New Member

Hey Guys Whats up, ok, I have a civic EK 97 with GSR 98 swap all stok (original ECU of GSR, it Works fine). The other car is a Civic SI 2000 b16a2 I Trying to tune up but i can´t, I talking about 2 months trying to do. The Civic SI is not stock it is: Edelbrock Victor X intake, DC Sports headesrs 4-1, Edelbrock Throttle body 65mm, comp cams stage 3, Crower valves +.5mm , Comp cams springs, RC injectors, AEM pulleys-Fuel rail- pressure regulator-fuel filter. The fuel pump is edelbrock, AEM V2 intake, the distribuitor and the coil are MSD. And I have the AEM EMS (ECU). the SI Have many problems with the ignition, and the acceleration is not working well.

but all the parts are fine. I think the problem is on the sensors.
    What can i do with these cars? Tell me SWAP ;) What do I need?
    The headers and the intake of the SI are not Hall in The GSR.:(
    The intake have differents Screws.
    The headers are shorts.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I don't even understand what you're asking? Do you want to swap the GS-R into the Si chassis?

3. OKCZombie

OKCZombie Banned

sounds like he wants suggestions on parts or change of path to get more power and fix his mistake on his si

4. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

It sounds like the si has all its money in the head and nothing in the block. If you want a power upgrade i suggest putting the b16 head on the gsr block in the 97. Its a straight swap and you'll pick up more torque from the gsr bottom end. Or if you want all this in the si chassis i suggest swapping the gsr bottom end into the si with the si head and using the si tranny. This would be a sick street setup.

5. OKCZombie

OKCZombie Banned

this is also known as the poor mans type r setup - makes nice power and pretty easy to do

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted