b16a2 automatic JDM swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sayaingokou311

Whats going on guys as of right now i own a 95 civic ex coupe automatic. Im positive that the SiR2 from japan for the 92-95 civic comes in automatic over in japan. The biggest concern that i do have is. Will that engine from japan go into my car i want to do that motor swap but i cant afford to do a 5 speed conversion. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by sayaingokou311@Feb 2 2005, 10:26 AM
Whats going on guys as of right now i own a 95 civic ex coupe automatic. Im positive that the SiR2 from japan for the 92-95 civic comes in automatic over in japan. The biggest concern that i do have is. Will that engine from japan go into my car i want to do that motor swap but i cant afford to do a 5 speed conversion. Thanks for your help.
[post=455046]Quoted post[/post]​

but couldnt you still use the stock motor mounts from the jdm SiR engine

assuming they all come intact.. i had a problem w/ the driver side mount being different... i needed the moutn and bracket from a del sol VTEC as well as the rear bracket

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 2 2005, 06:30 PM
assuming they all come intact.. i had a problem w/ the driver side mount being different... i needed the moutn and bracket from a del sol VTEC as well as the rear bracket
[post=455400]Quoted post[/post]​

well i gotta figure out what im going to do people keep on telling me that it will fit with no problem, others tell me that i need extra things so it will fit so i dont know what im gonna do.

well, since its comin out of a 92-95 civic sir and your puttin it into your 92-95 civic, i believe it will fit, thats if the motor comes with the mounts. If it comes with them, it will bolt right in as they all have the same mount locations, but if it doesn't, than yes, you will have to buy an aftermarket mount kit. I would wait until you get the motor swap and than go from there.

Originally posted by civic92jak@Feb 2 2005, 11:27 PM
well, since its comin out of a 92-95 civic sir and your puttin it into your 92-95 civic, i believe it will fit, thats if the motor comes with the mounts. If it comes with them, it will bolt right in as they all have the same mount locations, but if it doesn't, than yes, you will have to buy an aftermarket mount kit. I would wait until you get the motor swap and than go from there.
[post=455624]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah as of right now im gonna buy the motor in a couple months but i wanna keep it as a automatic because like i said in the beginning i dont have the money for a 5 speed conversion. I just wanna get down to the point if it will go right in which i dont think if would have no problem doing but you never know

I hope your not planing to use the tranny you have in the car right now because it wont bolt up to a B series because the engine that came in the car was a D series and most D and B series parts wont work together but pretty much all of the same series parts will all work together.

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Feb 3 2005, 11:42 AM
I hope your not planing to use the tranny you have in the car right now because it wont bolt up to a B series because the engine that came in the car was a D series and most D and B series parts wont work together but pretty much all of the same series parts will all work together.
[post=455779]Quoted post[/post]​

no, no not at all, i do plan on using the b series tranny that does come with it. But im more curious if it will bolt up completly with no problems. I just would rather stick with an automatic then dealing with a 5 speed conversion thanks

so is there anyone out there that would be able to answer the question in regards to a b16a2 jdm engine automatic into a 95 civic ex coupe chassi please let me know before i go and buy the engine and find out that it does not fit. thanks guys

Back