b16a2 block with gsr head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eddysi24

Hey I was hoping that someone could help me out here

I have a 2000 civic si (b16a2 block) with a 96 gsr head I just bought 2 inatke manifolds from a 96 gsr and a 2000 gsr is there anything diferent that I have to do before installing this?
will it fit on the block ? I noticed the throtle body is on the opposite side so it goes on diferently right?

I would really appreciate any info.

i dont know exactly how much different they are but i would use the newer one. They are both obd2

The throttle body should be on the same side on all B series engines.. not sure exactly what you have going on here.

uhh... why would u do this? the B16 head is known for flowing far better, its basically a B18C head just with less aggressive cams and no factory portwork. The gsr manifold doesnt flow nearly as well as the inline type like the B16/ITR/skunk/edelbrock/etc either, plus you will need a gsr ecu and have to run wires if you want to run the intake butterfly valves (or am i thinking of H22?)

if anything get a gsr bottom end and run the B16 head on it

uhh... why would u do this? the B16 head is known for flowing far better, its basically a B18C head just with less aggressive cams and no factory portwork. The gsr manifold doesnt flow nearly as well as the inline type like the B16/ITR/skunk/edelbrock/etc either, plus you will need a gsr ecu and have to run wires if you want to run the intake butterfly valves (or am i thinking of H22?)

if anything get a gsr bottom end and run the B16 head on it

because he has that already. Answer his question or dont post. No need to criticize.

And you can disable the iab's with a tune

because he has that already. Answer his question or dont post. No need to criticize.

And you can disable the iab's with a tune

wasnt criticizing, just trying to help the kid out so he doesnt end up with a weak setup

kinda seems like budget is an issue, I was just thinking he may not be able to afford a chipped ecu and tune

wasnt criticizing, just trying to help the kid out so he doesnt end up with a weak setup
The b16 head only flows slightly better on the top end than a gsr does and the gsr head has smaller combustion chambers so it will up the compression a bit without milling the head. In my opinion both are pretty much equal in stock form.

To the OP, you're looking at the GSR manifold the wrong way. The GSR manifold turns downwards and it seems to me like your trying to bolt it to the head facing the way a b16 manifold looks.

notice how the gsr manifold goes down...

GSR.jpg

Now look at the B16 manifold...

B16.jpg

Back