B16a2 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D Money

i got a B16a2 block out of a 2000 civic si....im curious bout how to get some major power improvements out of this block.....ima go boost but like shud i go wit like a B18 head, GSR head or jus try to buy a B16 head?

any one got some useful hints or ideas for this build help me out id appreciate it

The GSR and b16 heads will flow roughly about the same, and will out perform a b18a/b head by a long shot.

IMO find a b16a head, it should be cheaper and easier to find than a GSR head, and if you can afford it do a PnP on it.

so i shudnt put anything higher than the b16 head on the b16 block?

but yea def will do the pnp tho on which ever one wud be best ya kno

A b16a head is usually cheaper to purchase than a gsr head from what I've seen of HT parts for sale threads, and flow charts that I've seen have had negligable differences between the two.

A GSR head will have slightly higher compression which will net a slight power gain but not by much.

aight so it aint really worth spendin more money, so ill see if i can find a b16 head for a decent price nd that shud get my motor up nd runnin

Back