1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a2 Burns Oil

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by wisemansoji, Jun 21, 2003.

1. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

I got a b16a2 engine in a 94 Hb and after I change oil at 5000km I notice that it has burned some oil, about half a litre.
    I use castrol syntec 10/30 should i be useing this oil in my engine or is there a better kind for it. My engines a 2000.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I have heard that the synthedic version of castrol sucks. If your going to use a synthedic, go with mobil1, redline, or amstol (<-am i thinking of the right brand?)

Are your using a catch can? If not I would consider trying one. My freind made one out of a "NeverDull" can, JB weld, a PCV vavle, and a few other ghetto things.

Does it smoke any?

3. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

no it doesn't smoke, would it be ok to switch oil brands now theres 40 000 km on my engine

4. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

You should be fine, but after changing brands, I wouldn't suggest changing again. I would just find a good brand like quaker state or redline. My brother worked at jiffy lube for a while, and that's what he suggested.

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

quakerstate blows. Penzoil blows. Castro dino oil is ok. Mobil1 and mobil dino oil is good. Valvoine is alright. redline is good.

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

mobil 1 blue cap, good shit and yes it is common for vtec motors to consume a little more oil

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted