B16A2 complete swap on Honda City sx8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tha is for the Wiki link lol. I've owned that swap :wink: it's called SiR II OBD1 with hydro trans.....I know.

Not sure but I think you perceived my last post incorrectly. If You read again.....iit explains how weird that car is compared to ever single 2000 Civic I've ever seen or read about. I'm guessing India was way behind and they had cable transmissions and onboard diagnostics that are 5+ years older than any USDM or JDM civic of the same year

The whole situation has me curious and baffled.

If it is truly a OBD1 car....Then you just have to run VTEC solenoid, VTEC oil pressure and Knock Sensor (google and you'll learn more) from the B16A (SiR II is NOT a B16A2) engine harness to the plugs where the ECU connects. Ffsquad.net has good info on the process.

And a hydro trans can be put in a cable car with that adapter. Mixed reviews on its functionality. I (personally) would get a rebuilt SiR I cable trans (88-91 Civic).....no need for a adapter. But if funds are tight...get the conversion adapter and deal with it.

You are right that the chassis is behind ... etc . I was only amazed for the super light weight chassis but later felt disappoint due it is not the same platform of any USDM and JDM civic of this year .

I prefer the B16A second generation due it has more horsepower than the first one. And ECU P30 will be chipped .

For transmission ... I will ask for the complete system hydro trans for the B16 due it will be a complete engine swap.

According to the never accurate Wikipedia the SX8 City was based on the EF Civic platform- which means the 88-91 Civic in the US market. That would explain the cable clutch transmission.

CAFROG, as far as OBD revisions and "being behind," every country has their own regulations on what kinds of emissions controls a car must have for a certain model year- so every country's standards will be slightly different based on the laws they have regarding their cars.

Thanks for reply .. you are right as this car was made from Thailand , which is completely different from Japan .

Back