B16A2 ECM , no Connector A ?? Is that right?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TXCatalyst

Just purchased a 98 Civic DX Hatch with a 2000 Si B16A2 and manual tranny. Car runs great, except it has no A/C. I followed the procedures in the service manual and when it came to checking out some signals from the ECM...I find that there's no ECM / PCM Connector A at all. Just connector B and C.

1. How is it that my car even runs ? Everything works great, just no A/C.
2. The AC signals are on connector A - but if I don't even have the connector, is this something that is left off on no-a/c cars - I mean, could I just buy a full connector A - and does it connect to something else that might be bundled up ? I see two extra "brown" type connectors that are taped up, I am hoping connector A runs to one of these brown connectors ?
3. Yes, I am positive it has 99-00 wiring harness, as the colors are identical to the service manual and then I'm fairly certain it is an 99-00 Si ECM as well.
4. Does every 99-00 Civic have 3 connectors on the ECM connected? (I thought connector D was for automatics)

Thanks for any detailed info!

Back