B16A2 from 99 si to 98 Ek ... need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slosilverex

ok i own a 98 ex civic coupe... but i bought a wrecked but still driving 99 si... now my question is what kinda wiring is involved? does some one have a write up on this? like a step by step kinda thing.. iv done tons of d swaps.. but this is my first b swap.. so any and all help is appreticated..

well if you have the wiring harness from the si your in good! i know when i did my swap in my 97 civic i used my stock harness and added the vtec wiring into it but you have an ex so you got that already. just match the wiring from your ex to the si motor. all the plugs are just about the same. so when you unplug a plug from the b16 find that same plug on your 98 wiring harness and plug it in! OR you can take the whole 99 si wiring included drop it in the 98 and get a obd convertion!

ok well now that i have that side of the wiring down.. whats with the obd2a, and odb2b ecus? and how do u differ between them?

the ecu plugs are diffence and ecu are diffence year honda

obd2a

plugs.jpg

obd2b
plugs.jpg

also the major difference is on obd2b there are more emmissions programmed into it obd2a is easier but overall best thing is for you to find a p30 or a p28 or even a obd1 ecu that is chipped to run your program. not saying that p28 is plug and play you need to get it chipped and tuned also. the p30 is meant for a dohc.

everything is a direct bolt on.. just swap it over.. and get a piggy back obd2a-obd2b harness.. and youre set..

i HAVE A QUESTION I ALSO HAVE 98EX BUT SOMEBODY CUT MY HOLE WIRING HARNESS RIGHT NEXT TO ECU. i PUT A 93 WIRING HARNESS UNDER DASH AND MOTOR B-16A2 WITH A GSR TRANNY STAGE 3 CLUCH SKUNK 2 AIR INTAKE ALSO SKUNK 2 CAMS FLUIDYNE RADITOR BUT SLOW REALLY SLOW

Back