B16A2 Head in a B18c5 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KeiHiN

Hi, Im from Spain and only speak a little of english, sorry if I dont write correctly.

I have a project, my 99' Civic EK4 broke his B16A2 block and I buy a new block of a B18C5 with crankshaft, pistons and rods for build it with the rest of pars of a B16A2.

I must change another parts to make work correctly my engine?
Some one are make the same combination of block/head in the past? there are a thread of it? (I will search with no results but i have a language handicap).

whats about of the compression ratio?
whats about of the fueling?
whats about of the ecu?

Thanks in advantage for the Help

ill try to help you as much as i can...

yes, you can use the b16a head with the b18c5 block and it will bolt right up.

as far as compression ratio... there are many compression ratio calculators online, search and you will find.

the ecu you have for your b16 will surely run the new combination of head and block, however to see the maximum potential, getting the car tuned is the best bet.

i think you are asking if you can use parts from a c5 head on your b16a head? the answer to that is yes. the cams are interchangeable between the two. the heads themselves are very very similar actually, the main difference being the cams, springs and retainers are designed for higher revs on the c5 head.

Yes mdpsEG, thank's for your answer, I will buy aftermarket cams, springs and retainers better than OEM c5 head.

Another problem is the plenum and throttle body of the B16A2, i must change it for aftermarket parts.

Im worried with the A/F ratio, i must change the injectors and the fuel pump?

Sorry for my bad english.

im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i believe all b series engines use the same cc injectors. you dont need to upgrade injectors and fuel pump unless you are going to boost it, or a pretty serious all-motor build.

with what will be essentially a type r engine, i would definitely upgrade the intake manifold and throttle body, at least to type r parts.

m sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i believe all b series engines use the same cc injectors. you dont need to upgrade injectors and fuel pump unless you are going to boost it, or a pretty serious all-motor build.

with what will be essentially a type r engine, i would definitely upgrade the intake manifold and throttle body, at least to type r parts.

yep that sounds about right.

Thanks a lot, i will change the head parts(cams, etc), the plenum, throttle body and the ecu.

When I finish it, I will have more or less a Integra Type R engine?

Building A B18c5 Block

i have a B18c5 the type R but Im not sure what head I should use?

I have it bored out to 81.5mm and have pistons to lower the C/R to 9:1

I plan on turbo-ing it so i gotta keep it low.

I wanna get to 450hp and I want the best fuel system and best heads for it.

Any Advice?

i have a B18c5 the type R but Im not sure what head I should use?

I have it bored out to 81.5mm and have pistons to lower the C/R to 9:1

I plan on turbo-ing it so i gotta keep it low.

I wanna get to 450hp and I want the best fuel system and best heads for it.

Any Advice?

The best advice would be not to resurrect a year old thread with a question that barely pertains to it, and to start a new thread in the engine building, or turbo section. You can use any B series vtec head, the B16/ITR/B16B's all have the same head just with different work. The Type R heads have a better valve train and a light porting.

Back