B16a2 Head On B18c

• Thread starter viciousracing
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 13K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viciousracing

hey wassup guys, i'm building up a new project. I'm planning to swap in a B16A2 head on a B18C block. i will be needing some answers. Since the head will be going to the B18C, i would be using the B18C head studs right? and using the B16 distributor? Will there be any machining or conversions such as dowell pins, oil line, head conversions? which ECU is preferrable for this setup? will B18C stock header bolt to b16 head? since i'll be running all motor, will the Y80 or S4 be better? i want LSD and leaning towards the Y80. does skunk2 makes ITR IM for B16? anything will help. thanks guys.

Ummm, why would you swap a vtec head onto a vtec motor? Unless you just got a deal on a b18c shortblock. Are you sure you mean b18C?

i dont believe there is any dowel pins to move. get a hondata for tuning it yO

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 20 2003, 08:38 PM
naw dog use the b18c. period.

a b16 head on a b18c block is basicly a type R set up....
use the obd ecu that your going to be running, i.e. if you are running obd2 use the b16a2 ecu, if you are running obd1, use a P28 or P30... Also use b16 head studs, b16 dizzy and all that stuff...

Why put a B16A2 on B18C? The head ports are better by far than the B18C head, much similar to the C5. With a good port and polish with some tuning on the head, i will run pretty good with a 12.5:1 ratio. so this is WHY, i choose this setup. Through my research, i heard that the B16A2 head studs are too short, thus you need the B18Cs, because it'll screw down all the way. on the ECU, i'm leaning towards the P30, i don't wanna spend more money on chipping the P28, though the P28 is not recommended to run this setup. but the p30 is a gupper to find. i'll post my setup for the head, see what you guys think. BTW, will it lower my compression?

here are the setups for the B16A2 head:

Toda spec B cams (it's a little better than skunk2 stage 2)
Toda Dual Valve Spring and Retainers
Skunk2 adjustable cam gears
Skunk2 valves (coatings are great!)
Port and Polish
Skunk2 ITR intake manifold
AEM Cold Air Intake
4-1 header

This will be running on a P30 Mugen N1 ECU.

p30 mugen n1?? gay.

with all that work you're going to cheap out on the tuning?? generic ecu chips make you slower.

that's perhaps the only ecu i could find now that's a P30. what do you recommend Pills, since your one of the ECU master magicians? hondata? i know hondata is great, but i have a hard time tuning it, i know jack shitty about it. the other one that i'm kinda leanin to is skunk2.

what about P2T?

the generic chips just don't work well.. they run near 11:1 a/f ... chet's dyno's prove that the skunk2 chipped p28 made less power than a p30.

i would do a p28/hondata , but if you have trouble tuning it.. pay someone to do it that you trust.. an hour of dyno time w/ tuning should be no more than 200 and you'd have a great

i really don't know which to take, P30 or Chipped P28. i have enough money to buy two ecu's right now, i think i'mma buy the Hondata P28 and hondata P30. I'll see which one is better, and then try to sell the other one. But another question, by putting on the b16a2 head, will it lower my compression because i was running on a 12.5:1 with the B18C head?

i realize that this is like 7 months later but the b16a2 head is a better choice if you use a b18a/b block, you have to move a few dowels, and make a v-tec oil line and get the correct electronics for it, but none the less read a few books on it, and call a few companies, don't always trust what you read / are told on the internet, most of it is just a lot of opinions with no history or experience with the questions you are asking.... just my opinon.....

hondas > muscle cars

i realize that this is like 7 months later but the b16a2 head is a better choice if you use a b18a/b block, you have to move a few dowels, and make a v-tec oil line and get the correct electronics for it, but none the less read a few books on it, and call a few companies, don't always trust what you read / are told on the internet, most of it is just a lot of opinions with no history or experience with the questions you are asking.... just my opinon.....

hondas > muscle cars

It's still 2003? :huh:

The original poster doesn't even have an account anymore...

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back