B16a2 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now that I look at it, it makes sense.. His headline is in Gold, everything underneath are the modifications.

Now that I look at it, it makes sense.. His headline is in Gold, everything underneath are the modifications.
LS_vtec you are a very smart tuner and I never once said if you look back that you don't know what your talking about I'm just saying my setup will work, It might not be the best be the guy never asked for the best turbo setup, I just gave him my setup. BTW I have more mods than stated I just don't want some bigass list under my name. I have a K*&N intake with an AEM dryflow filter, upgraded brembo rotors drilled and slotted with hps pads and earl's lines, no cat converter, sleeper muffler(looks stock but is just a straight pipe with a magnaflow resonator as my muffler through 2.5 pipes, I have a low temp thermostat and a ricer autometer tach that came with the car that I'm going to switch out for an Si guage console. I have acouple other bolt-ons that I'm not going to list, I'm not that modified but the car still pulls. Not like my SRT-4 tho, I run 12.2's all day in that beast

This is crazy, I had to register on this garbage forum just to add my 2 cents. I search for help on swaps, come across this site, THOUGHT (<--past tense) it might be helpful. Schleht was tryin to help the dude out, and somehow or another ls vtec just attacks the man?? Cmon dude, I dont give a shit if your certified, the guy was putting an opinion out there, thats not wrong. Not everything has to be done by your specs ls vtec. Damn, let the forum help people, but it really seems like you have low self esteem and try to be a know-it-all and show that by attacking peoples opinions. THIS IS A GARBAGE FORUM! By the way, I think its cute how you got your lil groupies!! wink wink hondadude.

This is crazy, I had to register on this garbage forum just to add my 2 cents. I search for help on swaps, come across this site, THOUGHT (<--past tense) it might be helpful. Schleht was tryin to help the dude out, and somehow or another ls vtec just attacks the man?? Cmon dude, I dont give a shit if your certified, the guy was putting an opinion out there, thats not wrong. Not everything has to be done by your specs ls vtec. Damn, let the forum help people, but it really seems like you have low self esteem and try to be a know-it-all and show that by attacking peoples opinions. THIS IS A GARBAGE FORUM! By the way, I think its cute how you got your lil groupies!! wink wink hondadude.
Finally, that was exactly what I was thinking. Good looking out bro.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the forum is not "garbage" it is the number one honda forum out there, literally, i think we will do just fine with or without you and your opinions, and as for "groupies" anyone on here usually has their group of friends and they will back each other up if need be, thanks for the first post and good luck trying to find a forum to your liking.

Uh, ok? You just happened to be searching for a Honda forum, happened to stumble across this site and found your way into this particular thread (even though you claim you're looking for info on swaps and this thread is about turbo setups), and it so infuriated you that you had to register and post about it? Seriously?

Are you sure you're not one of Schleht's buddies?

By his own admission, he's an SRT-4 guy, not a Honda guy. He's just getting started with Hondas, and he doesn't know everything about them yet. If you were someone who's successfully built fast turbo Hondas before, and you came across a thread where a Honda noob was giving other Honda noobs advice, and you noticed some things that weren't quite right in what he said, and you knew better ways of going about it, you wouldn't say anything?

Don't even tell me you wouldn't.

This forum isn't garbage. It's a great place because we've got experienced people like LS_VTEC here to help out. What makes it crappy is when misinformation is being spread from one noob to another. The experienced people here feel like they have an obligation to correct misinformation and present the best info possible for the noobies. That way, they get set on the right path rather than hearing incorrect info and spreading it on to other noobs.

Seriously, why did you even post? If you don't like this forum then leave. Go find another one. Go check out www.honda-tech.com. I'm sure you'll find the people over there much more mature than they are here...

(Yes, that was sarcasm.)

Last edited:
Nah im not one of his buddies brutal, I wouldnt drive srt-4. And im pretty sure this thread was about b16 help right? Well thats what the topic said, and yea im interested in a swap and a b16 is a common swap right? Wheres the help with the b16? NOT HERE! The moderators should slap the shit outta you and ls vtec for bieng such dicks. Honda isnt everybodys life, i understand if your gonna be turnin a wrench for the rest of your life, but for most of us its just a hobby.

Ok here's how it goes... i have a b16a2 swap into a 93 civic hatch with a gsr tranny... i want to go fast and be able to get there quickly. i know i need a turbo but what else should i be looking @ geting?

wow. this thread went to hell in a handbasket. if you specify how fast you want to go & how much $ you can spend, you'll get a much more concrete answer.

on a lighter note, members who should contemplate suicide for the greater good of the community include: schleht, niz2ler. seriously, why join a forum like this just to bash respected members and spread ridiculous misinformation? its childish. take your bullshit, put it in the trunk of your bullshit neon, and drive off a fucking cliff. niz2ler, you can ride shottie;)

Yes, this thread is about B16s, but not about swapping them. The OP said that his swap was already done, and now he wants help picking out a turbo setup. If you want help on how to swap a B16, then you're in the wrong place, look elsewhere.

And how was I a dick? Did you even read my previous post?

If you walked in on a conversation about a topic that you're an expert on, and you heard misinformation being spread, you wouldn't speak up and say something about it? You're a liar if you say that you wouldn't. Neither me nor LS_VTEC were dicks here (at least not to start with), we were just correcting the misinformation and presenting better options for the OP. Isn't that what forums are like this are for?

Why are you so stuck on defending schleht? He's the one dropping childish insults that have nothing to do with this topic simply because someone told him that he's wrong...

Nah im not one of his buddies brutal, I wouldnt drive srt-4. And im pretty sure this thread was about b16 help right? Well thats what the topic said, and yea im interested in a swap and a b16 is a common swap right? Wheres the help with the b16? NOT HERE! The moderators should slap the shit outta you and ls vtec for bieng such dicks. Honda isnt everybodys life, i understand if your gonna be turnin a wrench for the rest of your life, but for most of us its just a hobby.

x2, just got off work. I acctually just purchased a turbo setup while I was @ work and added rush shipping. I'm starting my thread, and yes, I'm going to run meth injection and 440cc injectors on a .50AR turbo. I know for a fact that it will work, my friend with a b18c using a slightly larger turbo boosting 12psi spike 9 hold is running 305hp with meth/water injection. I already have my coolingmist injection kit, I just need a fuel pump and some pistons and rods and I'll start the build. Look for my thread called: Project: Golden Turbo Beast.

How do you want me to explain it to you. If you were contemplating a swap....wouldn't you be interested in a topic entitled "b16 help", because obviously he encountered a problem, so therefore I would like to see the problem and hear what people think the answer is. Its not that serious. But on the real, Schleht put time in his response, he was the first to respond and immediatly ls vtec told him he was wrong because its not the way he would do it?!?! Dude I could give a shit about Schleht, hes a grown man, he doesnt need me to defend him from the "cyber bullying" bullshit that happens from people who read books on how to twist a screwdriver. Im all about correcting someone if there wrong, but these are opinions right? so how can you tell him he's wrong? As for saying yall arent dicks, well, just read the thread man. Whats with everyone of your fans tellin people to kill themselves? So heres the solution, have the moderator delete this thread, start a new thread and you can tell us exactly what to do instead of telling us how fucking stupid schleth is, or just title the thread, "useless".

Oh and Delaware....its funnt how you talk shit about me, all I was saying was exactly what you said, how worthless this thread was, take it easy e-thug, it's not that gangster.

No, you're wrong. Go back and read it again. Here's how it went:

1.) Original question is asked

2.) Schleht responds

3.) Some other people respond and say "yeah, the way you described it isn't really the best way, for Hondas, it's actually better this way" (paraphrase)

4.) Schleht responds again and says "whatever, this is what I do on my SRT-4 and I know it works, just wait, I'm going to boost my Civic and post up a build thread on how awesome it is, and then all of you will kiss my ass and want to do exactly what I did" (paraphrase)

5.) Other people respond and say, "yeah, you're an idiot, that stuff isn't necessary on a turbo Honda" (paraphrase)

6.) Back-and-forth bickering ensues

No one was an ass until he presumed to know more about Honda turbo builds than the experts here did. And even after that, all he did was throw out childish insults rather than adress the issues at hand.

And yeah, I guess it is a matter of opinions, but some of the stuff he suggested is either total overkill, outdated, or simply not the best way of doing it (i.e. trying to tune for a turbo off of an AFC when complete tuning solutions like Crome or Hondata are available). If you know of a better way then what's being suggested, why the hell would you not bring it up?

What's your deal anyway? You say you're here to get info on an engine swap, yet the only place you've posted thus far is in this thread. I don't know why you have such a hard-on for this argument, but you need to get over it. Like I said earlier, if you think this site is stupid and worthless, then please leave...there's plenty of other Honda forums out there for you to troll...

Last edited:
Hey people , we all know schleht it's someone who don't know Honda a lot , I am not that experience but what I can tell is that if you are using piggybacks with honda , that means that he knows nothing.

I have seen this kind of situations on hondaswap, and we should do something about it , like a normal discussion instead of fight doh, I am sure the poster of the thread is like WTF , he asked for help and he got 3 pages of crap, and I Know for sure that we have very good experienced guys here , I learned a lot from this guys and my car is running very good thanks to people in this forum . but we cannot use other people threads for this , he probably left and kept googleing !

hey brigrat if you still over there ...
like SLOWdelawareEG said , tell us what's the budget, whp or how fast you want to go and maybe we can give you better answers !

Meth injection will keep the egt's safe no matter what, and you only set it to kick in at high boost...and the ECU will help you gain traction by more percisely tuning the vechicles timing, boost, fuel/air ratios and injector pulses...better tune = more traction. :cool:

No, you have no idea what you're talking about btw. LOL gain traction with tuning ahahahaha. And no meth is needed on a b16a2 that hasn't been fully built. Go FMIC or SMIC. 450's can be purchased from a DSM forum for under $50 and so can the SMIC. Make your own ic piping.

Last edited:
Choose your Turbo size/setup and get these supporting modifications:

BuddyClub .2mm Turbo Head Gasket - $172.26
CoolingMist Meth/Water Injection Kit - $350.00
Walbro Performance 255lph Fuel Pump - $94.95
Russel Stainless Steel Fuel Line Kit - $21.83
AEM Red High Volume Fuel Rail - $134.95
RCengineering 440cc Fuel Injectors - $314.95
Aeromotive Boost Dependant FPR - $165.55
PowerRevRacing 0-100psi Fuel Pressure Guage - $30.00
Apexi Tru-Boost Electronic Controller/Guage - $279.99
MSD Boost Timing Controller - $228.99
MSD Complete Iginiton Set - $278.99
Apexi S-AFC Neo Fuel/Vtec Controller - $279.95
AEM Eugo Digital Wideband O2 Guage - $239.00

The head gasket will lower your compression, the meth injection cools combustion down and prevents knock @ higher boost, the walbro fuel pump supplies fuel through the RC injectors to the AEM fuel rail controled by the aeromotive boost dependant fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure guage rigged to the fAEM fuel rail so you can set the static fuel pressure precisely. You tune your fuel maps with the APEXI S-afc Neo(I chose this piggyback for you because of it's ease of use, a more complete ECU type programmer will help you gain traction and can be set more accuratly) the aem eugo will give you an accurate air/fuel ratio. Your going to need one step colder spark plugs and an upgrade msd ignition system and use the MSD boost timing controller to set the advance on the ignition firing and finally, use the boost controller to set your spike and hold boost settings. Good luck
damn son you dont need half that stuff to hit a easy 300 whp. stay away from any vafc hacks and always use oem honda ignition. im not going to pick apart that list it would take me to long, just look at my sig and understand that you dont even need most the stuff i have to hit 300 whp and im doing it with a SOHC and its my daily driver, its reliable, gets 30+ mpg and gets beat down the track every weekend pass after pass. with a DOHC you will hit 300 whp allot easier then i did. and 300 is plenty for most any one. if you go to www.evans-tuning.com and look around you will learn allot, the dyno librarys list what different combos made and whats all doen to each. good luck ;)

https://hondaswap.com/forced-induction/project-golden-monster-127708/

I wasn't disrespectful first if you go and look at the thread and acctually read it, I'm not going to sit there and let some kid talk shit to me. I admitted that I'm new to spooners but, just because I'm new doesn't mean I haven't had years and years of experice tuning other cars. I never got into hondas because I was never beat by one until recently. I have fucked around with blown mustangs, my pops made me a 12 second nova that I wrapped around a tree after being clipped by some old fart that shouldn't of been driving years ago when I was still a minor, and my baby an 11 second SRT-4. I don't really care what other people say, my car will soon blow yours out of the water and you will wish that you were me. So eat my dust, if you don't like me I don't care, I give props to some of the guys that have posted up on this thread you have some nice cars guys...I'm gunning for you. See you at california speedway in my rearview mirror. Peace all, stop hating and go fix your boost leaks cause when schleht hits the scene, he goes all out and double or nothings the money right out of your pocket.:ph34r: God I love me, and so does your girl^_^

Last edited:
Back