b16a2 in 93 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Twiztid_S13

ok first off i know alot of you are thinking well why'd u use a OBDII engine in a OBDI car .. well it was free ;) i owned a 00 SI and totaled the rear and scored a 93 cx for 400$ with blown engine from some hippies .. lol .. ive converted the rear and front disc brakes with proportional valve.. easy task ... i ordered new axles for 00 si also used my si shift linkage and bought a new rear tranny/engine mount from honda .. everything is in the car already .. heres where it got complicated .. well first of all i had the cash so instead of trying to fuss with the wiring i had both harnesses sent to Hasport and they became one ;) i installed the wiring harness after my 3 week wait in bout 20 min ... including the four wires i was to relocate on the ecu harnesses .. and yes i have a OBDI civic si ecu .. well car started :D but idle was jacked .. ive played with it for a good day trying to get idle to correct itself .. so far ive tried 3 different Iac Valves ... i was getting 2 cel codes a 14 which is Iac Valve... and a 41 which was primary sensor heater .. i corrected the 41 code .. so heres the thing .. on my Si behind the IM there is a vacuum... where in the hell does this thing go ??? ive hooked it up to the purge valve from the cx engine and so far the car idles normal ... but when u try to drive it ..... the fuel cuts on and off ... or chokes or something .. above 3000 rpms the car roars and gots all the power id imagined it would have .. but the whole throttle body dance up my entrance and in traffic is quiet annoying .. ive searched and searched and ive only gotten some half a$$ diagrams of the vacuum lines .. so im asking for help here who can help get this problem corrected ?? im gonna try a new throttle body gasket in the A.M. but i have a feeling its a sensor plug thats crossed or a vacuum i forgot .. any help is greatly appreciated .. thanks :worthy:

Well .. thanks for the help .. tho i recieved none .. lol .. but i figured it all out using my damn manual .. had to search all over for it .. and still i got nowhere ran a test on the IACV wiring had no shorts .. asked a freind to let me borrow his ECU and BAMMM problem fixed ... so now i need to buy another ECU and hell if im gonna buy one ebay again .. so any suggestions on where to find one ? i was thinkin of just getting a hondata s100 ... what do u guys think .. i wanted one with a mugen chip .. but i dont trust ebay sellers that much .. and i need it asap also .. well by the end of the night im sure ill make up my mind .. late

Well sorry for the lack of help u recieved... as for your swap there's nothing wrong with it in terms of OBD that is, at least there isnt to me. 92-95 SI Ecu (P28) will work but it will not run the car correctly the fuel and timing maps are way off since the SI in those years was a SOHC and not a DOHC like u have now, if you chip your SI ECU to a Dohc program then it will work, otherwise u need to get a P30 ECU from a Dohc Del SOl or JDM Dohc Civic. From my experince its better to run the P30 rather than a chipped P28, but thats just my opinion. As for vacuum routing in the 92-95 civic it couldnt be easier, but since your having truoble finding it ill include a pic for you. Hope this helps

92-95%20vacuum%20diagram.jpg

Thanks .. ive got the vacuum lines already but i thank u anyways .. and the Ecu info is great .. i bought a jdm p28 with a spoon program tho .. but the guy who sold it to me was running it on a ls/vtec engine .. and sold cuz he just got a aem ems but i think thatll work for now ... i did this swap for a freind .. and he needs the car back next week cuz its on its way to get painted .. so i was kinda in a hurry ..heh .. it runs sweet tho .. my god its got some power now .. i happen to have a act clutch and a jdm itr tranny in this setup with some good bolt-ons and i left a good 30 foot burnout on the highway earlier .. was sweet .. i literally floored my freinds civic ex in which i did a gsr swap .. man i miss my honda .. lol but im having fun with my nissan also .. someday ill get a eg hatch .. theyll always be number 1 in my book .. thanks again tho :ph34r:

Back