B16A2 in a DC2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mav

This is an extremely rare swap and I can't find any info on it. I assume it will be similar to fitting an obd1 B16A2 into a 96+ obd2 Civic. Here's what I have:

'94 UKDM B16A2 engine from an EG6 Civic
'96 JDM Integra Type-R chassis with wiring loom

I want to put the engine and tranny into the teg (I'm from the UK so no legal problems). I've been told the 96 teg is obd2a and the b16a2 is obd1. I assume it'll bolt up using the EG engine mounts but what about the wiring? Will I need a harness? Is there anything else I need to do?

The EDM B16A2 (same motor as mine) will plug right into the DC2, mounts are the same. Use the B16A2's wiring harness, and it is plug and play, once you switch out to the P30 ECU you should be CEL free.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 19 2005, 12:39 PM
The EDM B16A2 (same motor as mine) will plug right into the DC2, mounts are the same. Use the B16A2's wiring harness, and it is plug and play, once you switch out to the P30 ECU you should be CEL free.
[post=475659]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry I'm a bit new at this, is the p30 ECU the one that's already with my B16A2 engine?

And when you say use the B16A2's wiring harness does that mean I need one of these right?:

skunk2-ecu-harness.jpg

That pic is of the ECU conversion hjarness you will need, unless you can find a P30 from a 96+ Civic DOHC vtec, with a B16A, not teh one with the B18C3.

When I said harness, I was referring to the motors harness. OBD II Integra, and 92-95 Civics share compatible engine and engine bay harness. In other words, you can plug an OBD I B16A into a 94+ Integra, no problem.

Excellent! is there nothing else I need then? Want to make sure I have everything ready for when I do the swap :)

I'll just use the ECU I have already and get the harness adapter, I don't want to go hunting for a 96+ ECU, too much hassle.

Thanks for your help!

Sounds fine. Should be a breeze, though the ITR chassis with a 1.6 is going to have less then stellar performance.

heh thats what everyone has said to me. Not sure why though as it'll be as fast as an Si.

I was offered a cheap DC2 shell and I have a scrapped EG6.

I'm not into massive performance anyway, just something fairly quick that'll make me grin. Besides, I don't have the cash right now. In about a year I'll go for a B20VTEC or a turbo when I have more money.

Back