B16A2 into 2000 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

00 civ&90 hatch

wat all do i need to do the swap the motor i'm gettin comes with tranny(auto..sucks but swapping to 5-speed) and ecu......i kno i'm gonna need some kinda mount right a rear 99 si mount i've heard? is that right?... would i need axels?if so any specific ones better then the other ?would i needa a 2000 civic si wire harness to ?jus let me know wat all i would need like i said i'll be gettin the motor tranny and a ecu with it

yo.

i just finished a B16A swap into my 2000 EX so ur in luck. go find the Skunk2 OBD-1 to OBD-2 conversion harness, that'll help alot. you'll need to modify your center console to fit the manual trans, if you had an auto to being w/ (i did). you'll need a bracket that goes under the center console to hold the back end of the shift linkage, i found mine at a junk yard, it's just a piece of rubber that doesnt even move... you'll need modified radiator hoses, cuz they will be of diff length. I had to make a new engine mount for the back of the engine, but you could always order yours from a company like Hasport. my trans-axles came with my purchase, and i didnt get a front clip. umm aside from that, it's fairly simple. you might have to do some research on connecting the map sensor, i had to get an external one that's just dangling for the time being. that's about it. any questions, feel free.

I ended up putting a B16A from a 95 Civic CRX SiR, a hydrolic tranny, lsd (u better get one, they help mucho!) in mine...

o ya, get a short shift while u've got it all apart. your going to find the distance to shift is akward... unless it was only for me.....but hey, short shifts are cheap and u'll like it! haha

Last edited:
i sawped a b16a in my 98 hatch you will need the b16a axles with the shifting rods and a 99-00 SI rear tranny bracket then you got the big convertion of obd2 to obd1 for the engien but for the ecm just buy a jumper harness like he said skunk2 or i got mine from boomslang.us very nice harness

Back