b16a2 into 93 Del Sol Si Specific Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R2R Racing

Ok we are about to drop this b16a2 out of an 2000 civic si into a 93 del sol si.

Here is what I got so far.

Parts included in swap. Motor, trany, ECU, motor harnes, axels

What I have thought of so far.

The del sol has hydraulic trany so we should not have to convert from cable.

We have a shift linkage from a b16 del sol.

We have a rear motor mount from a 97 GSR.

I think one of the exhaust systems we have will work for the secondary O2 if not I will just weld up a test pipe.

My Questions

1. Will the OBD2b ecu from the B16a2 work with the body harness. Specifically will the two plugs, other than the engine harness plug, plug in and run the dash cluster ect.

2. Will the B16a2 axels work with the 93 del sol.

3. Can anyone think of anything I am missing.

P.S. This is my first Honda Swap. LOL But many more to come.

1. No, you need to have get either an OBD I P30 ECU (from the B16A DelSol/Civics) or a P28 (from the 92-95 Si/EX) chipped to run the B16A2. Or you ca buy a conversion harness to plug the OBD IIb computer into your OBD I car.

2. Yes

3. Yes. The B16A2's harness will not plug into your car. You going to have to swapout the plugs from the OBD IIb harness onto you stock harness. The injectors you can take from you D series motor and use onthe B, they are the same, so that's one less thing to do. Or, if you can fond a 96+ Integra harness that will plug into the motor and your car,eliminating the need to swap plugs, but depending on the harness you get you may have to add some wires. You're probably going to need to add the knock sensor anyway, depending on the ECU you use.

Back