B16A2 into 98 dx?Some Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrXclusivE

I'm buying a 92 vx hatch with a B16A2 (99 SI) in it that had an accident, paying $1000 for the entire car. Planning to take out the engine and swap it into my 98 DX. Trying to get some info from the owner before I go see the car but the guy is not making any sense! He's saying that it doesn't have A/C and it never came with it - As far as I know all 99-00 si's came with A/C so its strange how this one didn't.

Is it easy to add A/C after swapping it into my car? my car has A/C so I'm thinking that I'll only need an A/C compressor to make it work? or I'll also need brackets 'n such?

Also, would the shift linkages he's using in the EG work with my EK or I'll have to order new ones?

Also wondering if his car would be a hydro tranny or cable? and if this will be an issue with the swap?

Another question is, it comes with GSR mounts (obviously). I won't be able to use these mounts for my swap so wondering what parts should I be ordering from SI? here's the diagram, I'd appreciate if someone could me what numbers I need:

13S020_B4703.gif

I'll probably be going to check it out tonight or tomorrow, I'll try to get some pics to clarify some things and maybe more questions.

Thanks in advance!

If I'm hearing you correctly, you say you're buying a '92 VX with a '99-'00 motor in it? Then yes, the guy is could be correct in saying the car didn't have A/C. The motor may have had A/C at one time but that doesn't mean the car did. The compressors are different between the DX and the Si so you would need the compressor and brackets for the si motor in order fo it to work on your car.

The '92 had a hydrolic clutch so no need to convert there.

As for the shift linkage and the mounts, I'm not sure. I've haven't done a swap on an EK yet. It's in my near future plans though.

Thanks for the help! Is there any way I can use my D series AC compressor and PS pump on the B16? I read somewhere that I can use the 97 CRV or 96 del sol brackets in order to do this. Does anyone know for sure which parts I need to order?

thanks

ps. if someone has any of these parts for sale let me know please.

Back