B16A2 into a 94 EX Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Deckard

Hello,

I will be picking up a 94 EX next week and I already have a B16A2 from a 00 Si; I need some wiring help. I need a engine harness, would the 94 EX work? I dont imagine, but I thought I would ask. Would a OBD2 EX work?

I am gonna use the stock Si computer until I get a Hondata S200. Would I need a jumper?

Also, what throttle cable would I need, or would the D16s work?

Thanks in advance!

this will be pretty much the same as my B18C swap in my 93 sol si

you use your EX harness
swap the plugs for the Alternator, Injectors, and Distributor
lengthen a few wires for the other plugs that dont reach (O2 sensor and 1 or 2 others)
the mounts you need are listed in the reference section (i used the Hasports so im not 100% sure what stock mix works)
you will need a 3rd gen integra shift linkage
you should use an OBD-1 P30 or chipped P28 ECU

Quoted post[/post]]
Hello,

I will be picking up a 94 EX next week and I already have a B16A2 from a 00 Si; I need some wiring help. I need a engine harness, would the 94 EX work? I dont imagine, but I thought I would ask. Would a OBD2 EX work?

I am gonna use the stock Si computer until I get a Hondata S200. Would I need a jumper?

Also, what throttle cable would I need, or would the D16s work?

Thanks in advance!
Find an obd2a (97-99) Integra GSR Harness... that is the easiest way to make it work... and that's what i did.
No the d16 harness will not just plug in, the 00 Si harness will not plug in either.
The obd2a GSR harness will work perfect for plug-and-play, nothing special needed, everything is plug and play, and it will save you time/money/hassle/time/time/tape/wiring/time/money.
Use the d16z6's computer (p28) until you can find an obd1 p30 or get a socketed p28 and get a p30 chip... because using an obd2b computer in an obd1 car is a bad idea.
Just use the p28 and take it easy until you can find the p30, or a socketed p28.

I have the motor mounts from a JDM 98 ITR, are the motormounts for the DC2 and EG/Ej the same. I also have a Wiring harness from the 98 Spec ITR, would it sub for the GSR?

Oh yeah does the GSR harness have a crank angle sensor?

Quoted post[/post]]
I have the motor mounts from a JDM 98 ITR, are the motormounts for the DC2 and EG/Ej the same. I also have a Wiring harness from the 98 Spec ITR, would it sub for the GSR?

Oh yeah does the GSR harness have a crank angle sensor?
If you have a 98 integra Type-R harness, use that, it's exactly the same as the GSR, and it will work perfect.
I'm not sure whether or not the type-R has CAS, but running obd1 computer (p28/p30) you won't need it.
The motor mounts, i can't be sure of, i used this combo.
Rear "T" mount bracket from 95 integra (used with existing civic Mount)
Side Timing Belt Mount Bracket from 95 integra. (Used with existing civic mount)
Top tranny mount and bracket from 95 civic Ex.
Front tranny torque mount from 00 Si.
I skipped the other torque mount.
So if you have the mounts and brackets from the ITR, get the rear mount-T-bracket, and the timing belt mount-bracket from it.
Some mounts will work from EG to EJ to DC, but i don't think they ALL will, and i am positive each one will need to swap some brackets.

So the 98 spec ITR mounts work perfectly but the wiring harness is not matching up. The clips to hook into the two top sets of clips, the ones mounted around the strut towers do not work. Any suggestions? I think I am just gonna splice into the 94 EX harness.

Quoted post[/post]]
So the 98 spec ITR mounts work perfectly but the wiring harness is not matching up. The clips to hook into the two top sets of clips, the ones mounted around the strut towers do not work. Any suggestions? I think I am just gonna splice into the 94 EX harness.
Is the harness USDM?

No JDM, stuff is backwards since it is RHD. We extended Some wires, it is a bit ugly. So would a USDM GSR/Type R be he one to get or maybe a Del Sol?

Quoted post[/post]]
No JDM, stuff is backwards since it is RHD. We extended Some wires, it is a bit ugly. So would a USDM GSR/Type R be he one to get or maybe a Del Sol?
USDM type R or usdm GSR harness.
You only have to extend two wires for the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, and drill the sensor into your intake. (You will have to do that with any harness)
I'm not sure if the 96-97 Del Sol harness would work, if it does, it would HAVE to be from the 96-97... you'll have much better luck finding a 96-98 GSR harness compared to a 96-97 Del Sol DOHC VTEC harness.

If you use the Type R harness then you will also have to find a connector for the IAB and run that wiring assuming that you are using the stock B18c intake manifold.

I just purchased a 98 OBD2A GSR harness. I am using a AEBS Intake manifold, modeled after the Type R. Am I going to have to drill?

Swap So far:
DSCF1489.jpg

DSCF1490.jpg

DSCF1491.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

Looks good.
I don't know about the IM, but i wouldn't THINK you'd have to drill anything?
You'll wish you put the harness on before dropping the engine in, but it'll be ok.

Back