B16a2 into a 96-00 cx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boidragonmack

the issue i am faced with is that I have a 98 honda civic cx hatch and the main wire harness has both oxygen sensors on it. I have a 2000 b16a2 with wireharness and the thing is the main wire harness has only one oxygen sensor to it. The other oxygen sensor is under the car which is connected to the cat but the thing is its not connected to the main wire harness. What to can i do?

Quoted post[/post]]
the issue i am faced with is that I have a 98 honda civic cx hatch and the main wire harness has both oxygen sensors on it. I have a 2000 b16a2 with wireharness and the thing is the main wire harness has only one oxygen sensor to it. The other oxygen sensor is under the car which is connected to the cat but the thing is its not connected to the main wire harness. What to can i do?
B series motors only use one o2 sensor which runs off the main engine harness, all you have to do is lengthen the o2 sensor wire off the manifold and run it to the cat or sensor bung in your header(if you have one), or you can take the car down to any muffler shop and they will weld a bung in your exhaust manifold for it. It is more effictient to put the o2 sensor in front of the cat, especially if it is a stock cat. good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
B series motors only use one o2 sensor which runs off the main engine harness, all you have to do is lengthen the o2 sensor wire off the manifold and run it to the cat or sensor bung in your header(if you have one), or you can take the car down to any muffler shop and they will weld a bung in your exhaust manifold for it. It is more effictient to put the o2 sensor in front of the cat, especially if it is a stock cat. good luck.

Will that give me a check engine light?

yes, not having your O2 sensor hooked up will give you a CEL and hamper your engines performance

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, not having your O2 sensor hooked up will give you a CEL and hamper your engines performance

Thats why you dont use the b series harness. Use either the CX or a EX vtec civic wiring harness. And just run/extend your wires. I know my swap was easier becasue no vtec/ But i swapped the b18b into my cx and used the cx harness. The only plug i needed to swap was the IACV and extend the 2 o2 sensor wires.

Back