1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a2 into a 98 civic hx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by dok, Dec 16, 2005.

1. dok

dok Senior Member

ok guys i am getting this 98 hx civic saturday the thing is the guy that had it did a bad job wiring it what he did is use a 99 si wire harness that came with the b16a2 and it has a check engine light what i heard was that i have to use the stock wire harness and then run the vtec wiring because the 99si harness is obd2b and the car is obd2a i have wire alot of egs but never gat a obd2 car so please help guys please

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

You answered your own question, use the stock engine harness and add sensors and wires and run them to the right pin outs on the ecu.

3. dok

dok Senior Member

thats the problem do i just run the vtec wires or is there more to it i have never messed with obd2

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Isn't HX prewired for VTEC anyways? [​IMG]
    I think using an obd2a harness on there would be plug-n-play all the way?

5. dok

dok Senior Member

you guys are going to laugh your ass of the guy that sold me the car used the 99si harness thats obd2b and the car is obd2a heres the funny part the ecu only has 2 of the 3 plugs that go to it and the car still runs but the good thing is i gat a 98ex harness from a friend he said its plug and play only thing i will need is a obd2a converter to obd1 so i can use my p72 ecu and get rid of the check engine hope this works

6. dok

dok Senior Member

ok gat the ex harness on the car every thing worked the only thing thats not working is a sensor by the alternater it has two cables i have a leftover wire by the oil filter it has 3 wires but the two don't lpug the one from the car ends at the oil pan an is brown and the other wire is white with red line please help

7. dok

dok Senior Member

in the morning it won't start what can it be please help

8. dok

dok Senior Member

its the crank angle sensor theres two wires on the engine and 3 on the wire harness and they don't match help please

9. dok

dok Senior Member

come on guys it the crAnk angle sensor please help

10. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

do americans even study basic english and grammar?? if they do...why dont you guys listen?? lol

id like to help ya dude, but you lost me somewhere in the beginning.

11. dok

dok Senior Member

ok fuck you do you understand that and i fixed this car by myself how hard is it to understand that i need the pin outs to a dam crank angle senor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted