b16a2 into a auto civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aaronl

HI well heres the deal ive been doing some research on swapin in a b16a2 into my 93 civic... Theres only one thing, it has the auto, i know you can swap them over just by getting shift links, clutch assembly, trans, and ecus. but id rather just drop in the auto and save time and MONEY..... i have noticed some of the b16 motors on ebay.com, i was wonderin if any one has ever got one from there and has had good luck with getting it to them and having all the parts.... I do plan on getting the engine this fall and beef up the internals over the winter and then swap it into my car in the summer.... some questions i have are, what will i need to swap in a b16a2 into a 93 honda civic...... like ecus, and other electrical equipment that go along with it to make it a successful swap.... any info would be great.....if you have any suggestions e-mail me at ronzie05@aol.com or talk to me on MSN or AIM....... thanx again

b16a2 is 0bd-2. That's a problem. You need to get a SIR II b16 (it's obd-1 like your car now). Don't buy from Ebay. Get the engine from someone like hmotorsports.com. Just my opinion but you should sell it and get a 5 speed.

go to torontojdm.com.im also looking to do the same things as you but in a 98 civic ex.torontojdm has a COMPLETE swap. it has everything you need.it also gives you a list of everything that comes with it.i think it cost around $1400 for everything and a rough quote for the install professionally is $1200.i got it from my mechanic. keeping it auto is a good idea because i dont matter how good you are at shifting you WILL NEVER outshift a manual
although if you decide to turbo it will lagg but if u are racing froma stand still then it will give your car a chance to hook the tires and get traction wich is what you want but if your are goin strret with a rolling start then just simply down shift to get the high rpms so the turbo will kick in.:cool:

go to torontojdm.com.im also looking to do the same things as you but in a 98 civic ex.torontojdm has a COMPLETE swap. it has everything you need.it also gives you a list of everything that comes with it.i think it cost around $1400 for everything and a rough quote for the install professionally is $1200.i got it from my mechanic. keeping it auto is a good idea because i dont matter how good you are at shifting you WILL NEVER outshift a manual
although if you decide to turbo it will lagg but if u are racing froma stand still then it will give your car a chance to hook the tires and get traction wich is what you want but if your are goin strret with a rolling start then just simply down shift to get the high rpms so the turbo will kick in.:cool:

This thread is from 2003, you idiot. Congratulations on resurrecting it from the dead for your first post here. Next time, check the dates before you hit the "reply" button...

Back