B16A2 into an 86 CRX non SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bmxr

Good idea or horrible i want to swap engines to get more power but the D16A1 89 teg will bolt in but it's only a gain of 20 hp so i was wondering about more powerful engines. i Understand that motormounts will be a problem and my car is carbed so i'll have to change the whole fuel system jsut let me know wut you think

yes my car is carbed. not considering the b16a2 would it be reallty difficult to do the wiring of say the 89 teg engine (D16A i believe)

Originally posted by bmxr@Aug 9 2004, 02:07 AM
yes my car is carbed. not considering the b16a2 would it be reallty difficult to do the wiring of say the 89 teg engine (D16A i believe)
[post=374214]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess u would have to get a wiring harness, I dont really know, Ive never agreed to swap a carbed car

Originally posted by bmxr@Aug 7 2004, 02:04 AM
Good idea or horrible i want to swap engines to get more power but the D16A1 89 teg will bolt in but it's only a gain of 20 hp so i was wondering about more powerful engines. i Understand that motormounts will be a problem and my car is carbed so i'll have to change the whole fuel system jsut let me know wut you think
[post=373701]Quoted post[/post]​

gp tp redpepperracing.com there are a few people on there that have donr carb to fuel injection swaps and they all about first gen crxs also instaed of the d16a1 u should do the brown top zc which is almost the same thing but it has more horse it has 130 instead of the 113 that the d16a1 has both of those motors are really strong to just in caes u deside to go turbo later on so check out redpepperacing.com

Back