b16a2 into an eg?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smokinloc

hey i have a 1993 civic non vtech, and i have a b16a2 w/ tranny from a 99 civic sir that i want to put in it, and i am just wondering how do i convert the engine to obd1? i am going to be using a p30, and i already have dc axles and shift linkage, and will be getting mounts soon. i dont have the sir engine harness, but i have heard that a obd2 integra harness is backwards compatable and will plug rite in, is this true? and i dont have an alternator, starter, power steering pump, or dizzy wat cars should i get these for to work on my project? i am looking for the simplest way to get this done if there is one:D

well im not too sure but i think your car should already have vtec, so all you would need is a 92 - 95 vtec harness. as far as the parts that you will need, just make sure you get all the parts from a b series motor thats obd 1. i would say you get that stuff from a 94 -95 teggy. as far as the dizzy, you need a vtec dizzy your best bet is buying it from someone off the internet.

alrite, so i am going to be getting all the accessories from a obd1 DC, but my car is an LX and does not have vtech, so would it be easier to modify my engine harness, or just go buy an engine harness from a SI eg? and is there anything that needs to be modified if i use the SI harness? this is going to be my first swap so i want to make it as easy as possible

Back