B16a2 Obd2 Auto?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CIVIXER

Hey, can anyone help me on this. I am looking to convert my 96 Civic EX auto tranny into a B16A2 auto tranny. I understand that there is a B16 auto tranny available from Japan but do they have the ECU for the OBD2 since I've only seen it for the OBD1. Also, what else would I need to convert this swap? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. And no, I can't drive stick because I have a bad left leg so manual is out of the question. Thanks.

There are auto B16A trannies. Have a look on Ebay.

As far as what you're going to need, you're deifinitely going to need a B16A, your D series won't bolt up to it. Also you're going to need all the other goodies to do any D to B series swap, mounts, ECU, etc...

Steve at hmotorsonline said he would sell me an SiR2 B16a auto tranny for 200 + shipping. You're also going to need a P30 auto ECU or a chipped P28 auto ECU if you switch your car to OBD1. I'm not sure what the OBD2 equivalent would be. JDM P30auto OBD-2 ECU maybe? By the way, the guys at Hondata don't do autos, so that's out of the question. You can also buy a JDM GSRauto complete swap, or a SiR2auto complete swap. But be aware that any integra auto B-series tranny(be it GSR or LS/RS/GS) requires a separate TCM that your civic doesn't have.

EDIT: found out you can get Hondata stage 1,2,&3 for an auto, but not the s100, s200

Back