B16a2 OBD2 in OBD1 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MeticulousGuy

B16a2 OBD2 in OBD1 EG
Hey All,

So I picked up an B16a2 engine complete with mounts, axels, intake, exhaust, dizzy, and wiring.

I changed out the mounts for my EG mounts as some did not fit.

The problem is the wiring harness.

I have researched the crap outta this problem and still come up with a problem.

I'm told the OBD1 wiring harness will work but the dizzy, injectors and alternator do not line up.

So I decided to lookup the wiring diagram for the OBD2 and OBD1 dizzy and cut in the wires I could. I'm left with one black wire with a stripe.

There is also a plug at the front of the tranny with 2 12awg or 14awg (larger diameter) wires. What would that have plugged into?

Lastly, the Crank Position Sensor. I have a P72 OBD1 ECU that can be programmed for the engine, so found that I don't need to hook up the Crank Position Sensor, is this correct?

Any information would help out greatly. I'm currently stuck at the moment.

Thanks!

ok i did this swap with a b18c1 obd2 so its all the same, for mounts i used b series drivers side b series t bracket and eg trans mount. for the harness i used a obd2 b series harness all plug and play with the egs only thing you gotta wire is knock and vtec, i never touched my dizzy at all

Back